If you've been searching for an affordable, compact audio interface with four mic inputs, your search is over. The 4pre packs four mic inputs into an impressively small half-rack form factor, along with a healthy complement of additional professional-grade audio connections. Just think of the possibilities. You can record and mix vocals plus guitar for two musicians simultaneously. Or mic a drum kit with overheads and close-ups. Or record lead and background vocals in one take. With an interface this flexible, capable, and great-sounding, you'll be ready for any situation your music throws at you.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Four mic inputs with individual preamps, 48v Phantom Power and 20dB pads
- Two line-level Inputs
- Two high-impedance guitar inputs
- Four independant analog outputs
- S/PDIF Input & Output
- Two Headphone outputs (one mirroring Main Out 1-2, one independant)
- FireWire 400 and USB2.0 computer connections; the 4pre uses a "Type B" FireWire port which is much less likely to suffer from users plugging in a cable the wrong way and blowing the FireWire chip. The unit can be bus-powered via FireWire
- Front panel control of input trim and mix level for the four analog input channels
- support for sample rates up to 96kHz
- PLUS all the usual MOTU refinements such as CueMix software, SMPTE timecode support, AudioDesk digital audio software for Mac OSX, Audio analysis tools including Tuner etc. etc.
- Compact size - Designed to go with you anywhere.
- - The 4pre is an impressively small 8.5 by 7 by 1.75 inches, which means that it slides easily into your backpack. It also sits nicely next to your laptop or desktop computer.
- Flexible combo-style inputs - Connect guitars, a keyboard, or other inputs.
- - The four inputs are not just for mics: they are combo jacks that also accept a quarter-inch plug. Inputs 1-2 take line-level signals, such as the output from a synth or keyboard. Inputs 3-4 are "hi-Z" DI inputs with proper impedance for plugging in your electric guitar directly, without an amp or cabinet, to process your guitar sound through amp and cab simulation plug-ins in your host software.
- Universal connectivity - Hybrid technology connects to any computer.
- - Thanks to MOTU's Hybrid interface technology, the 4pre connects to any Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0. Connect your mic, guitar, keyboard, and digital input, and you are ready to make pro-quality recordings.
- Bus-powered FireWire - No power supply needed.
- - The 4pre can draw power from its FireWire connection to the computer, so you can operate remotely on laptop battery power.
- High-speed USB 2.0 - High bandwidth and low latency.
- - The 4pre can record and play all channels simultaneously, and high-speed USB 2.0 provides plenty of bandwidth, even at 96 kHz.
- Mixing made simple - Hands-on mixing for studio and stage.
- - Quickly balance the levels of mics, guitars, a keyboard, or other inputs right from the front panel. Each input has its own volume control. Route inputs directly to any output pair, each with its own unique mix: main outs, line outs, S/PDIF out, and phones.
- Studio grade sound - Your mix will be ready for prime time
- - The 4pre has been engineered with MOTU's renowned, award-winning audio interface technology, which delivers the pristine audio quality and rock-solid performance that MOTU interfaces are known for worldwide. You can always record and mix with confidence, knowing that decades of engineering experience are behind you, every step of the way.
- Solid metal chassis - MOTU interfaces are built to last.
- - The 4pre aluminum alloy chassis is lightweight, yet incredibly sturdy and durable, and designed to withstand the rigors of the studio, stage, and tour bus. In a world awash with cheap plastic, the cool touch of the 4pre's metal exterior in your hands is a reassuring reminder that you are holding quality engineering and construction built to last.
- Rack mounting brackets - Mount the 4pre in a rack with your other gear.
- - The 4pre can be joined with another MOTU half-rack interface (MIDI or audio) and together they can be mounted in a standard 19-inch equipment rack, or you can mount them on rack rails with other MOTU gear for convenient desktop operation.
- CueMix FX Software - On-screen mixing and control.
- - The included CueMix FX software for Mac OS X and Windows gives you graphic, on-screen control of the 4pre's on-board audio mixer, with up to four separate stereo mixes (a separate mix for each output pair). For example, you can mix all the inputs to the main outs, but also mix them to the line outs with completely different levels than the main outs. Advanced features include a tuner, oscilloscope, FFT/spectrogram, and phase analysis tools.
- AudioDesk® - Workstation software for Mac OS X.
- - The 4pre includes AudioDesk, the workstation software for Mac OS X, which provides advanced recording, editing, mixing, processing, and mastering. AudioDesk delivers the power of modern digital audio workstation technology in an easy-to-use, inspiring multitrack recording experience. Together, AudioDesk and the 4pre transform your computer desktop into a complete, professional recording studio.