Munro Sonic Egg100 Monitoring System (Black) with Apogee Duet
Munro Sonic EGG100 Monitoring System Overview By GAK.
The new Munro Sonic Egg100 is the latest addition to the Munro Sonic Egg range. The EGG 100 takes the curved, infinite baffle design concept of the larger EGG monitors (EGG 150) but in a smaller chassis with a four inch driver. The EGG 100 is extremely accurate for near filed monitoring and the frequency response is continuously adjustable to allow for the bass loading that can add up to 6dB to the sound level. The bass port is angled and placed as low as possible to take advantage of this effect without phase error.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Near-field monitors should, by definition, remain unaffected by room size and acoustic conditions but this is rarely the case. Typically, small, rectangular cabinets and a horizontal focus plane create diffraction and reflections that interfere with both frequency and phase, both of which adversely affect stereo imaging and mix accuracy. The Egg100 has a variable tilt base that allows perfect adjustment of the upward angle of the listening axis, so avoiding interfering reflections from the mixing console or desk surface.
- This has enabled us to make a supremely efficient speaker system - the phase coherent bass energy results in up to 6dB low frequency headroom - which means they pack a lot of punch for such small speakers. You'll be amazed!
- The system comes complete with a separate control unit and amplifier which features passive analogue crossovers, LF and HF trim pot EQ for location set-up, and a superb Class-A headphone amplifier, which alone is worth the cost of the control unit.
- The Egg100, as with all MunroSonic products, is designed and manufactured in the UK by Munro Acoustics and Sonic Distribution and BS EN ISO 9001:2000 certified. The result is an exceptionally well-built, elegant and sonically purist piece of wholly British engineering.
- Unique monocoque shell construction (rigid and resonant neutral)
- Near zero diffraction interference (smooth frequency response)
- No internal standing waves (greatly reduced smearing)
- Perfect bass port integration (superb transient response)
- Free standing control unit and integrated amplification with 3m matched speaker cables
- Volume Level control and LED headroom indicator
- Class-A headphone amplifier
- Custom-designed speaker holder for adjustable vertical alignment (allows for perfect sweet spot in both vertical and horizontal planes)
- Precision trim pots for bass (LF) and High Frequency (HF) calibration