Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 Controller Keyboard
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 Controller Keyboard Product Overview By GAK
The Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 is the 49 note version of the new Komplete Kontrol controller keyboards.
Komplete Kontrol S49 is a Komplete instrument, in other words, the S49 turns Komplete software into a physical instrument. The Komplete Kontrol S49 features a semi weighted Fatar keybed with aftertouch which feels fantastic, first of its kind Light Guide system to aid creativity and unique Clear View display.
If you're an avid user of Komplete, then this keyboard is an essential. Powerful, hands on control of Komplete has never been this accessible.
NOW INCLUDES KOMPLETE SELECT SOFTWARE
Native Instruments Product Overview
The KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series combines smart, elegantly-designed keyboards with advanced control software to form a fully integrated centerpiece for studio and stage – matchless control over all your software instruments from one award-winning keyboard.
The KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboards augment and advance how you play and compose with a number of unique innovations.
-Native Browser – Browse and load your entire library of KOMPLETE and VST instruments from a single, unified interface.
-Native Map® technology automatically maps all key parameters for each KOMPLETE or NKS instrument to the touch-sensitive controller knobs.
-Light Guide – The innovative LEDs above the keys mirror key switches and sound and sample types across the keyboard for all KOMPLETE and NKS instruments.
-Smart Play lets you play chords with single keys or map the keyboard to musical scales, and create melodies at the touch of a button with the advanced arpeggiator.
Multiply your creative potential when you use MASCHINE and KOMPLETE together. Combine them and experience true creative unity – get unified browsing, automatic parameter mapping, and intelligent keys and pads with plug-and-play simplicity. All the power and sound of each platform in perfect sync at your fingertips with a hardware workflow you won’t find anywhere else.
- Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S25 Additional Overview:
- KONTROL IT ALL - KOMPLETE KONTROL opens up the full potential of KOMPLETE. Feel the world's most advanced software instruments come to life under your fingertips - more intuitive, expressive, and inspirational than ever before.
- KOMPLETE BROWSER™ - Browse and load sounds with the push of a button - KOMPLETE KONTROL manages the entire KOMPLETE universe in a single plug-in, thanks to the tag-based browsing system.
- NATIVE MAP™ - Don't lose time mapping parameters to the keyboard. Native Map™ technology automatically maps all key parameters for each KOMPLETE Instrument to the touch-sensitive controller knobs. Everything you need to sculpt your sound - at your fingers and ready for your creativity.
- LIGHT GUIDE™ - The innovative Light Guide™ shows you key switches, zones and more in full color, depending on the instrument - key color corresponds to cell color in BATTERY 4, for example. The lights also provide performance feedback - see scales, chords, and arpeggios light up across the keyboard.
- TRUE PERFORMER - Play chords with single keys or map the entire keyboard to musical scales. Create melodies at the touch of a button with the advanced arpeggiator - optimized for hands-on performance. And bend, warp and automate sounds like never before with the highly flexible touch strips.
- BUILT FOR KOMPLETE - KOMPLETE KONTROL S-series keyboards were designed and built for KOMPLETE 10 and KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE - the most powerful tools available for production, sound design, and film, TV, and game scoring. The keyboards are also compatible with KOMPLETE 9 and KOMPLETE 9 ULTIMATE.
- UNIFIED BROWSING - Dig deep into thousands of sounds with ease, thanks to the unified browsing workflow of KOMPLETE KONTROL - limitless inspiration in a single plug-in. Search for sounds across all KOMPLETE Instruments using musical tags and keywords. Just press the Browse button, turn the push encoder to select your instrument, choose a sound, and go. The keyboard and all its features remain fully functional even when in Browse mode - never stop performing.
- AUTOMATIC PARAMETER MAPPING - Native Map™ technology guarantees you don't need to worry about mapping KOMPLETE Instrument parameters ever again. Each KOMPLETE Instrument was mapped in-house by Native Instruments' sound designers. All essential parameter names and values load instantly on the Clear View display, and are intuitively grouped into pages. The result: You see exactly what you're editing directly on the hardware, whether it's EQ in kHz or the exact frequency of a filter cutoff - without any setup time.
- EXPERT GUIDANCE - Use the Light Guide™ to identify drum cells, key switches, phrases, and more at a glance - play every KOMPLETE Instrument in full color. In scale mode, notes in the scale light up on the keyboard, with the root lit even brighter - perfect if you aren't a trained keyboard player. In chord or arpeggiator mode, all triggered notes light up when you press a key, so you always know exactly what's happening.
- MULTI-PURPOSE TOUCH STRIPS - Deliver dynamic performances with two ultra-sensitive touch strips. They can mimic the behavior of pitch and mod wheels, and physical objects like springs and bouncing balls for interesting modulation curves. Or create instant shifts with different stepped settings.
- ARPEGGIATOR - Use KOMPLETE KONTROL's arpeggiator to turn one note into a full musical performance - directly from the hardware and independent of the instrument. The eight controller knobs manage parameters such as direction, rate, rhythm, patterns, and variations.
- SCALES - The integrated scale mapping features give you instant access to a world of melody. See notes of the currently selected scale lit on the Light Guide™, and set virtually any musical scale to the white keys. It will even re-map 'wrong' notes so you're always in tune.
- CHORDS - Activate chord mode and create a rich harmonic performance by playing single keys. Map chords simply by selecting mode and inversion, or by loading up a chord set - ready-to-play progressions to inspire and augment your own compositions.
- KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboards also feature extensive MIDI control for third-party instruments with the included Controller Editor software. Adjust touch strip behavior, configure keyboard splits with Light Guide™ visual feedback, and create custom templates. When you use KOMPLETE Instruments and third-party instruments together in a session, KOMPLETE KONTROL automatically switches between MIDI mode and KOMPLETE KONTROL software when you select a track - uninterrupted workflow.
- Windows 7 or 8, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 or 10.9, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo
- 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
- USB 2.0 or higher (cable included)
- Requires power connection (adapter included)
- Windows: Stand-alone, VST 32 & 64-Bit, AAX 32 & 64-Bit
- Mac OS X: Stand-alone, VST 64-Bit, AU 64-Bit, AAX 64-Bit
- Described features require KOMPLETE 9 or higher.
- Optimized integration with KOMPLETE 10 and KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE.
- MIDI In/Out*
- 1/4" TS connections for expression and sustain pedal
- Semi-weighted Fatar keybed with aftertouch.
- Doubles as MIDI controller with 16 key splits, Light Guide™ support, and advanced touch-strip functionality.*
- Individual KOMPLETE Instruments not supported. You must own a registered copy of KOMPLETE 9, KOMPLETE 9 ULTIMATE, KOMPLETE 10, or KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE to use the KOMPLETE KONTROL software. Please note that at the time of release, some KOMPLETE Instruments may not be fully supported by the KOMPLETE KONTROL software. Functionality issues will be addressed in future software updates available free in the Service Center.
- Ableton Live 9.1.4
- Cubase 7.5.1
- Nuendo 6.0.7
- Logic X 10.0.7
- Please read this Knowledge Base article for detailed information about host compatibility.
- Keyboard, Power Supply Unit, USB cable, e-Voucher
- Komplete Kontrol Software, Setup Guide, and manuals supplied as downloads
No upgrades available
Installations and manuals poor had it a week now and still mystified by some of the controls, and still don't know if its working properly