Neumann KM 185 Stereo Matched Pair, Nickel
Neumann KM 185 Stereo Matched Pair Nickel
Matched, stereo pair of Neumann KM 185 Pressure Gradient Transducer Microphones, Hypercardioid, Nickel finish.
The slender shape and transmission characteristics make the Neumann KM 185 especially suitable for a very wide range of tasks in the radio and television sector.
The pressure gradient transducer Neumann KM 185 features a very smooth frequency response not only for the 0 axis, but also for lateral (off-axis) sound incidence. In typical usage, there is no coloration of sound over a wide pickup angle.
The KM 185 with its hypercardioid characteristic features attenuation of sound incidence from the side or rear of about 10 dB, with minimum sensitivity at an angle of 120 degrees.The KM 185 has the same transformerless circuitry as is used in the KM 100 system, resulting in excellent technical specifications.
The microphone operates without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT/CF recorders. The output of the KM 185, as in all Neumann microphones, is balanced and phantom (48V) powered.
The KM 185 is a good choice for all users who look for a high-quality miniature microphone, but do not need the complex, modular KM 100 system, which continues to be part of the Neumann product range.
The mechanical construction was simplified, for example, capsule and output stage cannot be separated from each other. For this reason the KM 185 is an economical alternative without giving up the electroacoustic features the users expect from Neumann microphones.
- Hypercardioid microphones
- Pressure gradient transducers
- Successor of the worldwide successful KM 83/84
- Transformerless circuitry
- Trouble-free operation also with unbalanced equipment (e.g., DAT recorders)
- Set includes windshield and two different microphone clamps
- Especially for recording situations when it is necessary to attenuate off-axis sound (lateral and rear) from other nearby instruments.
- As XY stereo pair
- Overhead, toms
- To attenuate unwanted sound of nearby instruments
- Recording of speech, as in TV, movie and video productions, PA systems
- Produces especially warm and bass supporting sound for artists who perform in proximity effect range
- Frequency range: 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 10 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 24 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 15 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 70 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 79 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 142 dB
- Maximum output voltage 10 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V Â± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.2 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight approx: 80 g
- Diameter: 22 mm
- Length: 107 mm