The original Nord Lead and Nord Lead 2 are among the most popular synthesizers ever built. Debuting in 1995, the first Nord Lead virtual analog synthesizer took the music world by storm. It instantly became an industry standard and has secured its place among the most revered classic synthesizers.
Its warm analog sound coupled with cutting-edge digital technology moved the Nord Lead into a "leading" position in the synthesizer community. Musicians from all over the world loved its simplicity, intuitive design, and its musicality and expression offered with the virtual analog concept.
The Nord Lead 2 improved upon the original Nord Lead, including expanded polyphony. A decade later, the Nord Lead, and its descendant the Nord Lead 2, are still among the most popular synths ever built. Used worldwide on stage and in studios, the Nord Lead series has contributed to the signature sounds of some of the most popular musicians and producers known today ... and we want to keep it that way!
The Nord Lead 2X has the same characteristic sound and functions as the Nord Lead 2, except for some very nice improvements:
X-tra polyphony: The Nord Lead 2X comes with 20 voices polyphony - very useful when creating layered sounds, "power pads", awesome leads and booming basses. 20 voices are also very beneficial in sequencing situations when you use more than one sound at a time.
X-tra memory: The Nord Lead 2X comes with a large internal memory holding 4 x 99 user Programs, 100 user Performances and 4 x 10 user Percussion Kits plus 6 x 99 factory Programs and 3 x 100 factory Performances! The Nord Lead 2X is 100% patch compatible with the Nord Lead 2 which means that you can transfer sounds directly between the models via MIDI.
X-tra high resolution: The awesome sound in the Nord Lead 2X is refined even further thanks to the brand new, crystal clear 24-bit DACs running at 96kHz.
The Nord Lead 2X features all the characteristics of its predecessor, and incorporates many new features as well. The "in your face" sound of the Nord Lead 2X has been enhanced with 24-bit D/A converters. The preset memory houses 7 x 99 factory Programs, 3 x 100 factory performances, and 7 x 10 Percussion Kits. Additionally, the user banks give you room to store your own sounds - 3 x 99 Programs, 3 x 100 Performances, and 3 x 10 Percussion Kits. The polyphony has been upgraded to 20 voices as well.
The Nord Lead 2X continues the tradition of Nord's unique method of sound generation. Mathematical simulations of the signals generated by analog oscillators are the basis for the incredible sound that speaks for itself. People know Nord by its sound, and the Nord Lead 2X gives you that certain quality that is unmistakable!
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- -20 voices. 4 part multitimbral.
- Special Features
- -Velocity Morphing: each function, controlled by a knob, can be controlled to respond to keyboard velocity. Wheel Morphing: each function, controlled by a knob, can also be controlled by the Modulation Wheel/Control Pedal to continuously fade between two sets of values.
- Performance Controllers
- -4 octave velocity sensitive keyboard (keyboard version only) with octave shift buttons ( /-2 oct.)
- -Keyboard Split, two sections (Note: keyboard version only)
- -Modulation Wheel (keyboard version only)
- -Pitch Stick (with no dead zone at zero crossing, keyboard version only)
- -1 pedal input for sustain
- -1 for expression pedal.
- -3 digit display, 26 knobs and 27 buttons for program editing.
- Oscillator Section
- -OSC 1 generating sine, triangle, sawtooth or pulse with adjustable width, waveforms. OSC 2 generating triangle, sawtooth or pulse (with adjustable width) waveforms and can also generate noise with a color control. OSC 2 can be hard-synched to OSC 1.
- -Linear deep frequency modulation of osc 1 from osc 2. A wide range of new waveforms with a strong formant character is achieved with the new synchable noise, where noise can be synched to OSC 1.
- Filter Section
- -12 dB (2-pole) low pass, 24 dB (4-pole) low pass, band pass or high pass and notch with 12dB low pass. Cut off, resonance, envelope amount, envelope amount controlled by velocity. ADSR envelope. Filter keyboard tracking can be set to full, half or off. Filter distortion.
- Amplifier Section
- -ADSR envelope, gain control.
- Modulation Section
- -LFO 1 generating triangle, saw, pulse, LF filtered noise and random staircase routed to OSC1 2, OSC 2, filter, pulse-width and FM amount.
- -LFO 2 produces a triangle waveform, routed to OSC 1 and 2 or amplifier. It also controls the rate for the arpeggiator. Arpeggiator: Range: 1 - 4 octave. Modes: up, down, up/down, random. Hold function. Echo can be set between 1 to 8 repeats. Modulation envelope (attack, decay) for OSC 2 pitch, FM amount and pulse width.
- Performance Section
- -Play mode: Poly, legato, mono, unison mono, unison poly. Manual mode. Four program slots for layering possibilities. Portamento/auto portamento.
- Percussion Kits
- -10 "analog" drum kits. Each percussion kit consists of 8 independent sounds, configurated in 8 zones across the keyboard.
- -Programs (single sounds): 297 (3 x 99) user, 693 (7 x 99) factory.
- -Performances (multi sounds): 100 user, 300 (3 x 100) factory.
- -Percussion kits (multi zone sounds): 30 (3 x 10) user, 70 (7 x 10) factory.
- Audio Out
- -4 outputs. Each slot has its own output. Modes: stereo, mono and multi-timbral mode. Headphones out. High resolution low noise 24 bit DACs.
- MIDI Features
- -All control knobs and switches for program editing send and receive control change messages. System exclusive bulk dumps. One program or all programs. MIDI clock synchronizing LFO 1 and LFO 2/arpeggiator restart. Triggering of the filter and amplifier envelopes and velocity control from separate programmable MIDI channel and note numbers.
- -4 Line Level Audio Outputs - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- -Stereo Headphone Output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- -Sustain Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.
- -Control Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Roland EV-5 Control/Expression pedal
- -MIDI in & out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- Included Accessories
- -User Manual
- -Power Cord with IEC320 C7 connector
- -Nord CD-ROM