Nord Piano 3 Digital Piano
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
Nord Piano 3 Digital Piano Product Overview By GAK
With unbeatable new keyboard technology, improved grand weighted action and increased memory (for the exclusive Nord Piano Library,) the Nord Piano 3 takes piano realism to a new level.
The Piano 3 includes new and unique Virtual Hammer Action Technology which essentially mimics the movement of the hammers in a grand piano, giving you the ability to be as expressive and dynamic as you would with an acoustic instrument but with all the tech synonymous with Nord keyboards.
The unit has 1 GB of memory for the exclusive sounds from the Nord Piano Library. These include; 6 Grand Pianos, 5 Upright Pianos, 11 Electric Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichords. Using the Nord Sound manager (on Mac or Windows) you can easily replace sounds with an easy drag and drop system.
Nord Product Overview
With outstanding new keyboard technology, improved grand weighted action and expanded memory for the exclusive Nord Piano Library - the Nord Piano 3 takes piano feel and realism to a new level.
The new Virtual Hammer Action Technology simulates the movement of the hammers in a Grand Piano, capturing the characteristics with exceptional dynamics and breathtaking level of authenticity.
The Nord Piano 3 features 1 GB of memory dedicated to the exclusive sounds from the Nord Piano Library carefully selected for their specific and individual character. The ever expanding Nord Piano Library is filled with uniquely sampled acoustic and electric instruments, with an outstanding range of velocity levels allowing for exceptional dynamic control.
The Factory Bank features 6 Grand Pianos, 5 Upright Pianos, 11 Electric Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichords. Replacing the sounds in your Nord Piano 3 is simply a matter of dragging and dropping files in the Nord Sound Manager for Mac and Windows.
The Sample Synth section in the Nord Piano 3 has 256 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Sample Library 2.0 - our essential selection of high quality sampled sounds from a wide range of genres including the exclusively licensed sounds of the Mellotron and Chamberlin.
With the included software Nord Sample Editor you can even create your own sample instruments. Load your .WAV-files, assign them to keys on the keyboard and transfer them to the Nord Piano 3 to play them instantly. The Nord Sample Editor can also assist you in looping and mapping your sounds.
The Nord Piano 3 Effect section features great, tweakable effects for instantly adding dirt, glimmer or atmosphere to your sound. All effects are in Stereo.
- -88-note Triple Sensor keybed with improved grand weighted action
- -Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology for greatly improved key response
- -Ivory touch for authentic feel
- -OLED-display for better overview
- -1 GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- -256 MB for Nord Sample Library
- -Layer and split-functionality
- -Nord Triple Pedal
- Piano Section:
- -4 Dynamic Curves
- -Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal
- -Advanced String Resonance (Gen 2)
- -Soft Release
- Sample Synth:
- -Dedicated Sample Synth section with Attack, Decay/Release and dynamic controls
- -All effects in Stereo
- -Tube overdrive simulation
- -Vibe effect
- -Separate Reverb/Delay effects
- -Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah-wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- -OLED Display
- -4 banks with 50 programs - 200 locations
- -Organize functionality for programs
- -Live Mode - 5 Live programs
- -Global Transpose: /- 6 semitones
- -Program Transpose: /- 6 semitones
- -Fine-tune: /- 50 Cents
- -Kbd Touch: 4 velocity response curves
- -Triple-switch keybed with Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- -Split functionality with selectable split point and LED indication
- -Layer functionality
- -Mono Output option
- -Dynamic Sustain Pedal action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- -Free OS updates
- PIANO SECTION:
- -6 types - Grand, Upright, Electric Piano 1, Electric Piano 2, Clavinet and Harpsichord.
- -Each category can contain up to 9 different models.
- -Organize functionality for piano sounds
- -40/60 Voices Polyphony (stereo/mono pianos)
- -Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) - adjustable amount
- -Selectable Soft Release for Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos and Harpsichord
- -Selectable Pedal Noise for Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos 1 - adjustable amount
- -Octave Transpose: -1/ 1
- SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION:
- -15 Voices Polyphony
- -Organize functionality for samples
- -Amp envelope with Attack and Decay/Release
- -Selectable velocity sensitive low pass filter and dynamic range
- -Octave Transpose: -1/ 3
- -Sustenuto pedal can be set as sustain or latch pedal for the Sample Synth section.
- -Volume controllable with Volume Pedal (not included)
- -Approx. 1 GB dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- -Approx. 256 MB dedicated to the Nord Sample Library 2.0
- EFFECTS SECTION:
- Effect 1:
- -Pan, Tremolo, Wah and Ring Modulator
- -Three selectable depths for the Pan and Tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- -Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- Effect 2:
- -Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Chorus 1, Chorus 2 and Vibe
- -Two selectable depths for each effect
- Amp Simulations, Comp and EQ:
- -Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, Tube Overdrive
- -Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- -Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. /- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Master Effects:
- -Dedicated Reverb with Room, Stage and Hall algorithms, each with an additional Bright mode
- -Dedicated Delay Effect - Rate, Amount and Tap-tempo function
- -2 Audio outputs L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- -1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- -1 Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- -1 Piano pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal or a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc
- -1 Volume Pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- -MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- -USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- -IEC C14 power connector
- -Nord Piano 3: 1287 mm (50.7"), 121 mm (4.8"), 340 mm (13.4")
- -Pedal: 264 mm (10.4"), 224 mm (8.8"), 70 mm (2.8")
- -Nord Piano 3: 18,2 kg (40.3 lbs)
- -Pedal: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES:
- -Nord Triple Pedal
- -User Manual
- -Power cord
- -Nord Piano Library v5 DVD-ROM
- -Nord Sample Library 2.0 DVD-ROM
- OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES:
- -Nord Keyboard Stand EX
- -Nord Soft Case
- -Nord Music Stand