The Ormsby Guitars Hype GTR is our production version of the coveted Hypemachine made in our Australian custom shop. For many years now this modern guitar model has been turning heads the world over for its balanced aggressive looks. The Hype GTR is designed to meet the needs and demands of modern guitarists.
It features a modern deep carve set-neck that allows players to have unhindered access to all 24 stainless steel frets. We included our most popular custom shop neck carve; a balanced D shape with round shoulders that provides just the right feel and 'meat' to the neck and a perfect thumb resting position.
As with all our GTR models, the Hype GTR utilises our Australian custom shop designed pickups that produce a variety of tones that allow your guitar, effects, and amp to function in unison and retain their individual characteristics. This guitar can go from the cleanest cleans to the heaviest of metals (or djents!) with plenty of tones in between thanks to its coil-splitting options.
Perhaps the most important feature of this modern instrument, it uses our Multiscale design that was developed from the ground up over 10 years ago. Simply put, it improves the tonality, ergonomics, and overall playing experience of the guitar (read more here), and can handle even the most unique of modern tunings.
Every Hype GTR uses our custom hardware we designed in conjunction with Hipshot Products USA to meet our high demands in quality, including our unique multiscale bridge, locking tuners and O-Ring controls. Also included with every GTR model is a fitted and embossed hard case so your guitar is always safe.
- Body: Swamp Ash with Walnut Burl top upgrade and binding
- Neck: Laminated Rock Maple, set neck
- Neck Shape: 20.3 @ 1st - 22 @ 17th D shape
- Scale Length: 25.5 - 27.5 inches
- Fretboard: Ebony with 16" radius
- Fretwire: Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Inlay: White
- Side dots: White
- Hardware colour: Black
- Bridge: Custom Hipshot, string through body
- Machine Heads: Hipshot Locking
- Electronics: 500k Volume, 500k Tone with Push/Pull + 3 way toggle switch
- Pickups: Nunchucker A8 Bridge humbucker, De La Creme A2 Neck humbucker
- Scale length: 25.5 to 27.5-inch