Ormsby SX GTR Multiscale, Run 3, Tropical Blue
The Ormsby Guitars SX GTR is the model where Multiscales began for us almost 10 years ago. Originally it was a carved top custom shop model but since then we've had a bit of fun developing it in various unique ways.
The SX GTR is every bit a modern guitar and more. It features an ergonomic deep access set-neck joint that provides the player with unparalleled upper fret access and comfort to all 29 stainless steel frets across a jet black ebony freboard. When it comes to contours, the SX GTR has it in all the right places, with a balanced forearm bevel and belly carve so it sits just right in any position.
As with all our GTR models, the SX GTR utilises our custom wound pickups to produce a variety of tones that allow your guitar, effects, and amp to function in unison and retain their individual characteristics. This guitar can go from the cleanest cleans to the heaviest of metals (or djents!) with plenty of tones in between thanks to its coil-splitting options.
The SX GTR features our Multiscale design, which improves the tonality, ergonomics, and overall playing experience of the guitar (read more here) and can handle even the most unique of modern tunings.
Every SX GTR uses our custom hardware we designed in conjunction with Hipshot Products USA to meet our high demands in quality, including our unique multiscale bridge, locking tuners and O-Ring controls. Also included with every GTR model is a fitted and embossed hard case so your guitar is always safe.
- Body: Mahogany with selected top/veneer upgrade and binding
- Neck: Laminated Rock Maple, set neck
- Neck shape: 20.3 @ 1st - 22 @ 17th D shape
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Fretwire: Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl
- Side dots: White
- Hardware colour: Black
- Bridge: Custom Hipshot, string through body
- Machineheads: Hipshot Locking, Ormsby branded
- Electronics: 500k Volume, 500k Tone with Push/Pull + 3 way toggle switch
- Pickups: Nunchucker A8 Bridge humbucker, Old School A2 Neck single coil
- Scale length: 25.5 to 27.5-inch
No upgrades available