Pioneer DJ DJS-1000 Performance Sampler
Pioneer DJS-1000 Product Overview by GAK
When Pioneer set out to design the DJS-1000, they did so with the idea of brining together the art of DJing with the unique sounds of production. By incorporating the best features of their popular DJ products, with a whole host of unique production tools, Pioneer were able to create a completely innovative piece of gear that truly revolutionise DJ sets as we know them.
There is a whole host of unique features on the unit. The first one we will look at is the Touch Strip. It can be used to set various different parameters on the DJS-1000 from pitch bend, to using it in combination with the note repeat function to create drum rolls, as well as a variety of other custom parameters which you will find unearth as you dig deeper into the DJS-1000. There are also 16 large multi-coloured rubber performance pads on the unit, all assignable to individual samples and loops. Each pad is touch sensitive with velocity decreasing/increasing depending on how much pressure you apply. You will also find an impressive 16 key step sequencer onboard, perfect for creating your own drum grooves.
The unit features a full colour 7 inch touch screen. The touch screen can be used to switch between three important screens; a home screen, a sequence screen and a mixer screen.
One of the most impressive additions on the DJS-1000 is the Live sampling feature, allowing you to sample sounds from any input source through your mixer. All samples are automatically synchronised with your sequence, allowing you to creative intuitive and original remixes on the fly.
Your DJS-1000 fits perfectly alongside Pioneer's other DJ products the CDJ-2000NXS2 and the DJM-900NXS2. If you want to get even more creative, utilising all three at the same time is just the ticket. You'll be able to utilise the beat sync function to synchronise all pieces of hardware by beat/bar using the onboard PRO DJ LINK.
The unit comes with over 2,500 on-board loopmasters samples which can be thrown into the mix straight out of the box.
- Playable media: USB storage device（flash memory/HDD, etc.）
- Playable file: WAV, AIFF (16 bit/24 bit, 44.1 kHz)
- USB storage support file systems: FAT, FAT32, HFS+
- Input ports: INPUT x 1 (L/MONO and R ¼-inch TS jack)
- Output ports: OUTPUT1 x 1 (RCA), THRU / OUTPUT 2 x 1 (¼-inch TS jack), PHONES x 2 (1/4 inch stereo jack, 3.5 mm stereo mini jack)
- Other ports: USB (Type A) x 1, USB (Type B) x 1, MIDI IN (5P DIN), MIDI OUT / THRU (5P DIN), LINK x 1 (LAN 100Base-TX)
- Power requirements: AC 110–220V (50 Hz/60 Hz)
- Electricity consumption: 20 W
- Max external dimension (W x D x H): 320.0 mm x 421.6 mm x 110.1 mm
- Weight: 5.4 kg
No upgrades available