Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2AI
Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2AI Overview By GAK.
Designed to work alongside the free SMAART for StudioLive room acoustics wizard, this combo gives StudioLive customers accurate visual feedback to tune their PA with, as well as ongoing visual feedback during the gig via the Virtual StudioLive package. Combined with the 31-Band Graphic EQs of the StudioLive, this is a powerful pairing.
The Presonus StudioLive 24.4.2AI boasts a powerful user interface, unbelievable sound quality, incredible DSP performance, Wi-Fi and LAN comms, intuitive and quick workflow, a built in FireWire s800 interface and an integrated software suite for Mac/Windows/iOS. The 24.4.2AI is ideally suited for both live situations and the studio. The mixer provides analog workflow with dual signal processing on all channels and bus. The integrated software solves real world issues you may have and allows you to record and distribute what your mixing. Fully configurable communications and networking option cards make sure your purchase won't become redundant as technology advances in the future. The ease of analog meets the power of digital.
When you’re mixing a live event or have an artist in the studio, you need to be able to work quickly. The StudioLive AI’s familiar, easy-to-use interface keeps all critical controls visible and accessible —not buried in multiple menus or layers. Our design philosophy is simple: One fader for every channel, one output for every bus. This is the power of a surface-driven workflow. But don’t let the analog feel fool you: StudioLive AI mixers offer all of the features you expect in professional-class digital mixers and more.
StudioLive AI mixers provide more DSP power than any other mixer in their class. There are no limitations, no shared resources, no figuring out what processing is available where. You have all of the processing available at all times, with no compromises or caveats. The unique Fat Channel provides a compressor, limiter, expander/gate, and parametric EQ on every channel and bus; a highpass filter on each channel; a library of professionally crafted, useful presets; and the ability to save, selectively recall, and A/B-compare processor settings. You also get four effects processors, each with their own dedicated mix bus; a 31-band graphic EQ on every aux mix plus the mains; and 500 ms of delay available to each of the four subgroups.
Connect a StudioLive AI mixer and you’ll instantly hear details and an open high end you’d expect to find only in an expensive studio console. StudioLive AI mixers operate at up to 96 kHz for high-definition mixing and recording. They use the same high-quality 64-bit summing engine found in our Studio One® DAW, which consistently receives rave reviews for sound quality. High-quality Burr-Brown converters on every input and output provide a best-in-class 118 dB of dynamic range so you’ll catch every high and low with great accuracy and no audible distortion. And our XMAX microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound.
The StudioLive 24.4.2AI’s built-in 40x26 multitrack recording interface is tightly integrated with the rest of the mixer—not an afterthought we tacked on. All 24 channels, the tape inputs, and your choice of buses continuously stream to your FireWire- or Dante-connected Mac or Windows PC. Each channel can independently access its analog input or its dedicated digital return from your computer. And with StudioLive mixers, recording is simple and easy: Just launch the included, preconfigured Capture™ software for one-click recording of all channel inputs and your main mix. Or record with the included Studio One Artist DAW—or any recording software that supports ASIO or Core Audio. Now you can record in the studio or at the gig with equal ease—only with StudioLive.
- The future is Active Integration™ - StudioLive AI-series mixers start with all the strengths that made the first generation of StudioLive mixers famous: powerful, surface-driven interface; loads of DSP processing and analog I/O; and layerless mixing, thanks to dedicated mix buses. Then they push the technology to the next level. So while the three StudioLive AI-series mixers - the StudioLive 32.4.2AI, 24.4.2AI, and 16.4.2AI -look and feel much like their non-AI counterparts, they have been reengineered from the ground up with far more capabilities and computing power.
- The difference is Active Integration™ (AI), a complete, networked, tightly integrated hardware/software ecosystem in which every touch point in the system communicates to enhance the user experience and solve practical problems in ways not previously possible.
- Actively integrated software - PreSonus StudioLive AI-series mixers are tightly integrated with an entire suite of free, state-of-the-art software that helps you mix and record better and have more fun doing it. No other digital mixer anywhere near this price class comes close with respect to software integration and features. In fact, most digital mixers in much higher price classes don't come close.
- Wi-Fi and wired networking - PreSonus StudioLive™ AI-series digital mixers' Active Integration™ technology includes powerful real-time, direct, wired and Wi-Fi remote control over a variety of features, using free Mac®, Windows®, and iOS® software. And unlike previous StudioLive mixers, you don't need to have a Mac or PC attached to have wireless control! Like all StudioLive mixers, every AI-series mixer integrates a multi-channel recording interface. Unlike previous StudioLive mixers, however, AI-series mixers are equipped with a continuously bidirectional FireWire s800 audio interface that is located on an option card, so you can swap it out and use the latest cutting-edge technologies, such as Thunderbolt, Dante, and AVB.
- Safe, sane, and secure - Powerful networking and wireless remote control is great-but what if someone tries to hack into your Wi-Fi system and take control of the show or some clown attempts to play FOH engineer when you step away from the mixing station? You can put the kibosh on that, thanks to the StudioLive AI mixer's security features!
- A gigantic console in a small package. - If a StudioLive AI mixer were an analog console, it would have 4-foot-long channel strips packed with knobs and buttons or it would require a massive outboard rack of expensive signal processors!
- That's because each channel and bus has its own studio-grade compressor, limiter, gate/expander, and 4-band parametric equalizer. Each input channel, aux and FX bus also has a highpass filter, and input channels have polarity invert.
- It all fits into one remarkable processing and routing section known as the Fat Channel.
- Unlike most competing digital mixers, there are no limitations or compromises, no shared resources, no figuring out what processing is available where. You have all of the processing available at all times.
- Because StudioLive AI mixers have so much more processing power and blazing-fast RAM than previous StudioLive models, you can create two complete sets of EQ and dynamics-processor settings for every channel and bus and then make quick A/B comparisons at the touch of the Alt EQ & Dyn button. Does your guitar player use a Strat for some songs and Les Paul for others? Don't use up two channels, create two completely different Fat Channel settings for each guitar and access them with the press of a button before he's got the next guitar strap on.
- It's like having two complete channel strips on every input and output-but simpler and more efficient!
- Effects you'd expect from a $600 stand-alone processor. Or two. - You get four programmable, 32-bit, stereo DSP effects engines-two of them loaded with reverbs and two armed with delay effects that you can really use. Each stereo processor has its own dedicated internal FX bus, and you can use all four all of the time without compromising other resources.
- The reverbs are so rich and detailed that you feel like you're there. Delays are precise. Slap echo sounds like old-school tape effects. And all 50 preset effects have easy-to-use parameter adjustments, tap tempo, store, recall, and Scene selection for ultimate creative flexibility.
- Plentiful graphic EQ. - With StudioLive AI-series mixers, you get graphic EQ on every aux bus and on the
- Type ¼" TRS Female, balanced mono
- Frequency Response to Direct Outputs 10-40 kHz, 0 / -0.5 dBu
- Frequency Response to Main Outputs 20-20 kHz, ±0.5 dBu
- Input Impedance 10 kΩ
- THD to Direct Output <0.007%, +4 dBu, 20-20 kHz, unity gain, unwtd
- THD to Main Output <0.005%, +4 dBu, 20-20 kHz, unity gain, unwtd
- S/N Ratio to Direct Output 105 dB
- S/N Ratio to Main Output 94 dB
- Gain Control Range (±1 dB) -20 dB to +20 dB
- Maximum Input level (unity gain) +22 dBu
- Type Male, balanced (stereo pair); ¼" TRS Female, balanced (stereo pair); XLR Male, balanced (mono)
- Rated Output Level +24 dBu
- Output Impedance 100Ω
- Type 2nd-order shelving filter (Q = 0.55)
- Low (Lowpass or Bandpass) 36 to 465 Hz, ±15 dB
- Low Mid 90 Hz to 1.2 kHz, ±15 dB
- High Mid 380 Hz to 5 kHz, ±15 dB
- High (Highpass or Bandpass) 1.4 kHz to 18 kHz, ±15 dB
- Q 0.1 to 4
- Threshold Range -56 dB to 0 dB
- Ratio 1:1 to 14:1
- Attack Time 0.2 ms to 150 ms
- Release Time 40 ms to 1000 ms
- Auto Attack and Release Attack = 10 ms, Release = 150 ms
- Curve Types hard and soft knee