Rode Blimp 2 Wind Shield/Shock Mount System
Rode Blimp 2 Overview by GAKThe Rode Blimp 2 is a very useful accessory NTG1, NTG2 and NTG3 microphones (plus third party shotgun microphones up to 325mm in length), It's a complete windshield and Shock Mount. The Rode Blimp 2 is one of the best accessories on the market for suspension and isolation, featuring the Rycote Lyre Suspension system.
See below for specifications and addition overview
- Weight - 550gm
- Dimensions - 285.00mmH x 490.00mmW x 125.00mmD
- The Blimp's handle has also been completely redesigned, reducing the product weight significantly, while increasing the ergonomics for handheld use. Housed inside the grip is a heavy-duty Mogami cable which splits via a junction box to a highly-flexible thin cable inside the Blimp, to minimise the transference of vibration to the microphone. With the lightweight design of the handle and suspension system the new Blimp design is over 25% lighter (550gm without microphone or DeadWombat fitted). The Blimp attaches to any standard boompole via 3/8" thread attachment at the base. The Universal Blimp Mount is available as an option to remove the handle when the Blimp is being used primarily on a boompole to reduce weight. The Dead Wombat windshield, caring brush and tail/patch cable are included. The added confidence of a full ten year warranty* ensures that the Blimp is by far the best microphone windshield system available, further evidenced by a 2009 Red Dot Award and Australian International Design Award for outstanding product design. *Excludes normal wear and tear of Dead Wombat furry cover or any misuse, modification or improper storage and transportation of the product.
No upgrades available
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year