Roland Boutique JP-08 Synthesizer
The Roland JP-08 sound module provides you with the hands on control and sound of the Roland Jupiter-8 in a much smaller box!
The the Jupiter-8 synth is now back on the market but in a ltd edition module that has a very small footprint. The new JP-08 is part of the Roland Boutique series and has been designed to put the power of a Jupiter 8 at your fingertips for an unbelievable price. The JP-08 benefits from 36 sliders and knobs from the Jupiter 8 front panel and is really versatile allowing you to create your own sounds with relative ease. The JP-08 ghas a built in speaker and can be battery powered. Roland's ACB technology allows the JP-08 to reproduce the original Jupiter-8 sounds plus a few new functions like an expanded VCO range and extra LFOs. You can use the JP-08 with the optional K-25m keyboard giving you a self contained, portable synthesiser.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Ultra-compact recreation of the iconic Jupiter-8 synthesizer
- Retains the feel, sound, character and user interface of the original
- 36 of the original synth parameters controllable from the front panel
- Adds several additions not found on the original Jupiter-8, including extra waveforms, expanded VCO range
- Chain mode allows two JP-08 to function as one 8-voice module
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Dual ribbon controllers for pitch bend, modulation, and sound preview
- Battery-operated (4xAA) or USB powered
- 24 bit / 44.1 kHz stereo IN/OUT USB audio interface
- Built-in 0.5W mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with optional K-25m keyboard unit
- Huge Synth. Small Package. - The Jupiter-8 was a big synth in every way; physically imposing with loads of knobs and sliders, and most importantly, a huge sound. The JP-08 retains the big sound of the Jupiter-8 but shrinks everything else - including the price - into a module measuring under 12" across.
- Hands-on control - With such an expressive sound engine, you'll want to shape the sounds to match your mood. With 36 of the original parameters accessible from the front panel, the JP-08 is all about hands-on control, and even users of the Jupiter-8 will quickly feel at home as the user interface and programming 'feel' is highly reminiscent of the original.
- New sound-shaping options - Even though the JP-08 is an authentic recreation of the Jupiter-8, we also included a few extras. The JP-08 adds several new waveforms to the original architecture, including TRI and NOISE for the LFO and SIN for VCO-1, and both VCOs have an expanded range for even more sound shaping potential.
- Develop your ideas with a 16-step sequencer - The on-board 16-step sequencer is a sonic scratchpad that lets you try out new ideas without bringing lots of gear - it can even be used without a keyboard. And if there's no keyboard connected, the ribbon controller lets you preview the sound, making it an ideal way to program patches quickly and easily.
- Optional K-25m keyboard unit - The JP-08 works especially well with the K-25m, an optional 25-key velocity sensitive keyboard that takes your music making to the next level. Once docked in the keyboard, the module's front panel adjusts to three positions for convenient access to the knobs and sliders.
- Chain Mode - One of the killer features of the original Jupiter-8 was its ability to create huge pads, splits and layers using its 8 voices of polyphony. The JP-08 features a chain mode that allows you to connect two JP-08 modules using the MIDI ports and create one, 8-voice synthesizer, just like the original. Adding additional modules adds another 4 voices of polyphony with each module. This is especially great when controlling the JP-08 from a larger external keyboard. You can even edit the sound from the master module and control both units. Great for real-time filter sweeps and LFO effects.
- Battery or USB Bus power - Some of the best music is made away from the studio, so the Roland Boutique series runs on 4 x AA batteries, ready for when inspiration strikes. Alternatively, you can power the JP-08 via USB bus power.
- USB audio interface for direct recording into your DAW - The built-in USB port also functions as a high-quality 24bit, 44.1kHz audio interface, for a fast, simple and reliable way of recording directly to your DAW application. You can keep your favourite patches and sequencer patterns safe too, via the USB data backup function.