Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5032 Mic Preamp
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
The Portico 5032 is a single channel Mic Pre/EQ having an independent transformer-coupled Line level input for the EQ section. It includes a full-featured Mic Pre identical to that in the 5012, with the addition of a flexible 3-band Equalizer in the Mr. Rupert Neve tradition. The 5032 is equipped with high and low frequency shelving curves and a Parametric Mid Band covering 80Hz-8kHz in two ranges.
The Rupert Neve Designs 5032 module is a half rack width, 1U module in the Portico style. The 5032 is ideal for both tracking and mixing applications with selectable mic or line inputs. Both paths have full access to the EQ, phase, silk and mute making it the ideal choice for either standalone operation, or forming the core of a larger mixing system. As with the entire Portico range, the construction uses a robust steel shell that provides total magnetic screening and exceptional mechanical stability. The front panel is machined from a solid 1/8-inch aluminum plate with a steel sub panel behind it.
Alternative front panel layouts are available providing a choice of vertical or horizontal mounting. When the horizontal front panel is chosen, a single 5032 can sit firmly on a bench or desktop on its detachable rubber feet. Two 5032s can be joined with the optional Horizontal Joining Kit (Model # 5221-RM) and mounted across a standard 19" rack.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Microphone / Line Inputs: Separate microphone and line inputs may be selected. With both the inputs, phase, silk, HPF, and the 3 bands of EQ are available for use
- Mic Pre: 72dB total gain across a 6dB increment stepped switch and a /-6dB continuously variable trim pot
- Low Shelf: Fixed 150 Hz frequency with continuously variable gain of Â±15 dB
- Mid Parametric Band: Continuously variable frequency in 2 ranges from 80 to 800 Hz and 800 Hz to 8 kHz, selected with the 10x push button; continuously variable Q; continuously variable gain of Â±15 dB
- High Shelf: Fixed 8 kHz and 16 kHz frequencies selected with the 8k/16k push button; continuously variable gain of Â±15 dB
- EQ In: Engages all 3 bands of EQ
- Silk: It gives a subtle option to enhance sound quality in the direction of vintage modules. Silk button reduces negative feedback and adjusts the frequency spectrum to provide a very sweet and musical performance
- Level Meter: -30 to 22 dBu with reference to the output
- Mute: Cuts off the output signal post metering and pre Buss Output. Be sure to mute the outputs before engaging phantom power
- High Pass Filter: High pass filter is a valuable aid in any signal chain but particularly so in a microphone preamplifier. Signals between 20 and 250 Hz can be attenuated, leaving the range above this unaffected (eliminates building rumble, air handling motor hum etc.)
- Phantom Power: Provides 48V phantom power to microphones
- Phase Inverts: Flips the phase of an incoming source 180Â°