Schecter PT Special, Black Pearl
Schecter PT Special Product Overview
The PT Special is a classic T-Shaped electric guitar from Schecter which comes in a striking Black Pearl finish.
The beautifully crafted guitar features a swamp ash body, combined with a Maple neck and a Rosewood fretboard.
Onboard you will find a pair of pickups. The Schecter Diamond V-90 at the neck and a Schecter Diamond VT-1 in the brige position. There is also a 3 way switch which allows you to truly shape the tone of the guitar.
To finish off what is already an outstanding guitar you will also find staggered brass saddles and a cream binding.
- Model Name: PT Special
- Item Number: 665
- Guitar Colors: 3-Tone Sunburst Pearl (3TSBP)
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Construction Bolt-on
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Binding: Creme 1-ply
- Scale: 25.5” (648mm)
- Neck Shape: ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .826” (21mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .905” (23mm)
- Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12” (305mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Ivory Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.653” (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32” (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter Diamond VT-1
- Neck Pickup: Schecter Diamond V-90
- Controls: Volume/Tone (Series-Parallel Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Bridge: Vintage Ashtray with Staggered Brass Saddles
- Tuners: Grover Vintage
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)
- Case: SGR-UNIVERSAL Guitar Case (sold separately)
For a brand new guitar I was a little disappointed. Fret buzz on the high strings meant I had to get a guitar tech to perform some remedial work on the 4th fret. This sort of thing should be found during QA of the item by the manufacturer. A very cheap fix but one that shouldn't be required on a new purchase. Now it has been fixed the guitar plays perfectly and apart from the fret issue this is an outstanding guitar.