Schecter Traditional Van Nuys, Gloss Natural Ash
Overview by GAK
Schecter Guitar Research started as a repair shop in Van Nuys, California in 1976, making guitar bodies, necks, pickup assemblies and every guitar part imaginable. Then in 1979 Schecter started making it’s own fully assembled electric guitars. These new Van Nuys models have classic shapes and vintage-inspired looks and features that throwback to those former years.
The PT Van Nuys has an Ash body, which is a durable tonewood and delivers good resonance and sustain. There’s a traditional bolt-on roasted maple neck which means it’s less susceptible to temperature and humidity changes, with a thin ‘C’ shape profile making it comfortable to play, and the fretboard (also made from roasted maple) has 22 extra-jumbo frets. There’s also a Graph Tech XL Black TUSQ nut which lets your strings easily glide back into tune, a Diamond Vintage tremolo bridge adding to the classic old-school look, and high-quality Schecter locking tuners to complete the great tuning stability.
The Schecter Traditional Van Nuys has a Schecter USA SuperRock Vintage humbucker at the bridge, which delivers warm, punchy tones with great articulation, and Schecter USA MonsterTone single-coil pickups at the middle and neck positions which maximise the versatility of the guitar - providing a range of bright single-coil tones, bell-like chimes and everything in between, with the middle pickup having reverse wound reverse polarity which makes it truly hum-cancelling.
The Schecter Traditional Van Nuys is completed with chrome hardware, white dot inlays, and a Gloss Natural Ash finish to show the beautiful natural wood grain of the body, and providing a classic, vintage look.
Transport your guitar safely and easily with the Schecter SGR-UNIVERSAL Hard Case (sold separately).
- Model Name TRAD Van Nuys
- Item Number 701
- Country of Origin Indonesia
- Guitar Color Shown Gloss Natural Ash (GNAT ASH)
- Tuners Schecter Locking
- Fretboard Roasted Maple
- Neck Material Roasted Maple
- Inlays White Dots
- Scale 25.5” (648mm)
- Neck Shape Thin ‘C’
- [email protected] 1st Fret .787” (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866” (22mm)
- Frets 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius 14” (355mm)
- Nut Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width 1.653” (42mm)
- Truss Ro d2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32” (4mm) Allen Nut
- Guitar Colors Gloss Natural Ash (GNAT ASH)
- Hardware Color Chrome
- Top Contour Flat Top
- Dexterity Right Handed
- Construction Bolt-on
- Body Material Ash
- Bridge Diamond Vintage Tremolo
- Controls Volume/Tone (Push-Pull)/5-Way Switch
- Bridge Pickup Schecter USA SuperRock Vintage™
- Middle Pickup Schecter USA MonsterTone™
- Neck Pickup Schecter USA MonsterTone™
- Knobs Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)
- Case SGR-UNIVERSAL GUITAR "Case Sold Separately"