Seymour Duncan SA-3XL Woody XL Professional Soundhole Pickup, Ebony
Seymour Duncan offers three choices in the Woody Series, but all have the commonality of instant mounting and unmounting, along with a great-looking maple cover that will look unobtrusively fantastic on your guitar. More importantly, if you already love the sound of your acoustic, the Woody Series will passively amplify your sound without anything to detract from it.
Especially great for singer-songwriters and folk strummers, the Woody Series offer a moderate response that gives you plenty of amplification while allowing your guitar to blend nicely with vocals and other instruments.
All Woody Series pickups will fit nearly any acoustic guitar's soundhole, with a radius range from 3.85" to 4.10". They're also priced to fit the budgets of most musicians, and are a much more affordable alternative to buying a mic for acoustic amplification
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Quick-mount, passive, professional-quality magnetic soundhole pickup
- Hum canceling Stack® design
- "¢Adjustable pole pieces for the best possible string-to-string balance
- Moderate output
- Housed in maple cover and double potted
- Full-bodied, articulate, warm and rich tone with no 60-cycle hum
- Great for strumming and delicate fingerstyle playing
- Includes studio-quality 14' cable.
- Works with any guitar amplifier (acoustic guitar amp preferred), or plugged directly into P.A. systems or mixing consoles
No upgrades available
Too early to know for sure whether this will fulfil my requirements but sounds good so far. I've fitted the Woody XL to a Tanglewood TW170AS with Elixir Nanoweb Light strings, and initially the 2 solid strings (and possibly the third wound B string) were much louder than the wound ones. I think lowering the corresponding cores of the pickup has improved the balance but I need to spend more time exploring this. (And clearly this is only an option if you buy the more expensive XL pickup with adjustable cores.)