Seymour Duncan SH-PG1b Pearly Gates Humbucker, Bridge, Nickel
The Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates bridge captures all the mojo of the original bridge pickup from Billy Gibbons’ 1959 Les Paul. Seymour discovered the pickup had slightly more output than most P.A.F.s, which helped to give it the extra drive that makes this pickup so special. The Alnico 2 bar magnet keeps the high end sounding airy but focused, and the midrange emphasis gives it a unique Texas sizzle. Pinch harmonics really sing with this pickup too. It really has a growl all its own and will help to bring any humbucker-style instrument to life, but it’s also great for adding some growl to a Stratocaster. Match with the Pearly Gates neck model for the full Texas experience.
Hand built in our Santa Barbara, CA factory, the Pearly Gates model humbucker uses an alnico 2 bar magnet, nickel silver bottom plate, 4-conductor lead wire for multiple wiring options, and is vacuum wax potted for squeal-free performance. As with all of our P.A.F. style humbuckers, every Pearly Gates is wound on Seymours original Leesona winding machine from the early Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan for that unmistakable vintage mojo.
- - Warm, slightly-hotter-than-vintage humbucker. Great for blues, classic rock, southern rock, jam, and hard rock.
- Complete setup:
- - Often used in both neck and bridge positions. Can be used in the bridge with an APH-1n Alnico II Pro in the neck for smoother tones; or, a Pearly Gates in the neck with an SH-11 Custom Custom for heavier rock sounds from the bridge position.
- - For brighter toned instruments. Works especially well with maple and ebony fingerboards. Also works great with hollow and semi-hollow body guitars.
- Available mods:
- - Nickel or gold-plated cover. Trembucker.
- - Dickey Betts (neck & bridge),
- - Warren Haynes/ Gov't Mule (neck & bridge)
- - Howard Leese / Heart (neck & bridge)
- - Greg Martin / Kentucky Headhunters (neck & bridge)