Shure BLX14UK/B98 Instrument Wireless System, Channel 38
Shure BLX14UK/B98 Instrument Wireless System Product Overview by GAK
The BLX Wireless System from Shure is one of the leading wireless systems at its price point and punches way above its weight. With legendary Shure sound and world-famous build quality, the BLX series puts dependable, easy to operate wireless systems within easy reach of any performer or presenter.
The Shure BLX14UK/B98 Dual Channel Combo is precision-built to give instrumental performers full expressive freedom and flexibility without sacrificing sound quality. This system is comprised of the following:
Dedsktop analog wireless receiver provides improved linearity and frequency response with group and channel scan for easy set-up. Features include frequency QuickScan, adjustable output levels, and two-color audio status indicator LED.
The BLX1 bodypack has a lightweight and durable design. Ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in hand, with adjustable gain control. The BLX1 bodypack transmitter is included in BLX and BLX-R Analogue Wireless Systems. You will get up to 14 hours of continuous use using 2 x AA batteries (included) and an operating range of 100m.
Shure BETA 98H/C
The WA302 is a premium instrument microphone with a flexible gooseneck and clip on clamp making it ideal for use with brass, percussion and woodwind instruments, either on stage or in the studio. It has a tailored frequency response of 20Hz – 20KHz and a high maximum sound pressure level of 132dB (SPL). It has cardioid pickup pattern providing high gain before feedback.
Captivate your audience and own the stage!
- What is the Beta 98H/C best suited to? - It's a premium instrument microphone with a flexible gooseneck and clip on clamp making it ideal for use with brass, percussion and woodwind instruments, either on stage or in the studio.
- What receiver comes with the Beta Wireless Instrument System? - The Beta Wireless Instrument System comes with the Analog Wireless Receiver BLX4 that provides improved linearity and frequency response.
- The receiver BLX is ready to perform right out of the box and is the clearest choice for performers who wish to unplug from the wire. It's also available as rack mount, metal receiver and Dual Receiver.
- How many musicians can use this system simultaneously? - Up to 12 compatible channels per group with group and channel scan for easy set-up.
- Why internal antennas? - For ideal signal strength, antennas on a wireless system need to be set up in a certain way. The internal antennas on the BLX receiver are already set in this ideal way, offering up to 100 m operating range and optimal signal strength.
- Additionally internal antennas cannot be broken during setup, use or transport.
- Is the setup really that easy? - Yes, with one button you can start the group and channel scan, which gives you the best open frequency. Adjust the transmitter to the same channel and you're ready to go.
- How does the BLX receiver perform compared to wired? - The frequency response of the wireless microphone is almost identical to the frequency response of a wired mic. Also the dynamic performance is almost the same.
- Operating Range: 91 m ( line of sight - actual range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection and interference)
- Available Frequencies: Between 524-865 MHz (available frequencies depend on applicable regulations in country where system used)
- Audio Range: 50-15,000 Hz (dependent on microphone type)
- Transmitter RF Output Power: 10 mW, typical (varies by region)
- Audio Output Connector: XLR and 1/4" (6.3 mm) unbalanced Maximum Output Level: -27 dBV (XLR, mic level), -13 dBV (1/4")
- Battery Life: Up to 14 hours
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB A-weighted
- System Distortion: 0.5% THD typical (ref. /- 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone)
- Operating Temperature Range: -18Â°C (0Â°F) - 50Â°C (122Â°F)
- Power Requirements: BLX1, BLX2: 2 AA alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- BLX88: 12-18 V DC at 320 mA, supplied by external power supply
- BLX4 Receiver - Output Impedance:
- - XLR connector 200 O
- - 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 O
- Audio Output Level Ref. Â±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone:
- - XLR connector -27 dBV (into 100 kO load)
- - 6.35 mm (1/4") connector -13 dBV (into 100 kO load)
- RF Sensitivity: 105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >50 dB, typical
- Dimensions: 40 mm X 188 mm X 103 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 241 g
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 12-15 V DC @ 160 mA, supplied by external power supply (tip positive)
- BLX1 Bodypack Transmitter - Audio Input Level:
- - gain max: -16 dBV maximum
- - gain min (0 dB): 10 dBV maximum
- Gain Adjustment Range: 26 dB
- Input Impedance: 1 MO
- RF Transmitter Output: 10 mW, typical, varies by region
- Dimensions: 110 mm x 64 mm x 21 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 75 g, without batteries
- Power Requirements: 2 LR6 AA batteries, 1.5 V, alkaline
- Battery Life: up to 14 hours (alkaline)