SPL Track One Mono Channel Strip
SPL Track One
The Track One is a complete mono channel strip for the high-quality recording and processing of vocals and instruments and in spite of its high level of performance, it is very competitively priced. In addition to the pre-amplifiers, which are suitable for all types of microphones, the unit incorporates SPL's highly effective De-Esser, a compressor/limiter, a three-band EQ section and an output stage with metering for output level and gain reduction. The Track One is ideal for the fast and reliable recording of vocals or acoustic instruments but it is also suitable for live performance and AV post-editing.
The intelligent, program-dependent De-Esser and compressor stages combine the best possible sound with extreme ease of use and for stereo operation, two devices can be linked so that both compressors track together and are controlled from a single master unit.
Two separate precision pre-amplifiers optimised for microphones (with 48 V phantom power) and instruments ensure the lowest noise performance combined with an open, neutral sound while an LF cut filter is available to both inputs.
The De-Esser is one of the most effective designs available, unobtrusively and effectively removing unwanted sibilant S-sounds via a single control. Auto-threshold control circuitry ensures consistent processing even if the vocal level or the distance to the microphone varies leaving the operator to decide only how much sibilance to remove.
The compressor/limiter section displays excellent noise and distortion values yet again is operated via a single control. Its strength lies in its unobtrusive, musical method of operation where its parameters respond to the characteristics of the incoming signal.
The EQ section has been specifically designed to process vocals and acoustic or electronic instruments and the specifications are as follows:
Low Band filter: 30 Hz to 720 Hz (cut/boost +/- 14 dB)
Mid Hi filter: 650 Hz to 14 Hz (cut/boost +/-12 dB)
Air Band: based on a coil/condenser filter with bell characteristic and a centre frequency of 17.5 kHz, maximum cut/boost+/- 10 dB.
The output amplification stage is adjustable over the range -20dB to +6 dB for optimal drive of subsequent units and the output is via balanced XLR and jack plugs that can be used in parallel if necessary. An A/D converter and a Lundahl input transformer can be provided as options.
- Preamp stages optimized for all microphone types and instruments
- SPL's De-Esser
- Compressor/limiter stage
- 3-band EQ stage
- Output stage with metering
- Balanced XLR and Jack connectors (parallel use possible)
- Options: A/D converter and Lundahl input transformer
- Ideally suited ...
- - for high quality recordings
- - for HD recording (with A/D converter option)
- - for vocal processings in studio or live applications
- - for installations, "žone man show" entertainment etc.
- MICROPHONE INPUT
- - Frequency response: 10 Hz-200 kHz (200 kHz = -3 dB)
- - Common mode rejection: 1 kHz: -80 dB / 10 kHz: -68 dB (at -20 dBu)
- THD & N - amplification A-weighted
- - 20 dB -97,5dBu
- - 40 dB -91,0dBu
- - 65 dB -69,6 dBu
- Dynamic response: 115 dB
- INSTRUMENT INPUT
- - Frequency response: 10 Hz-180 kHz (180 kHz = -3 dB)
- - 7 dB -98,4 dBu
- - 20 dB -95,8 dBu
- - 42 dB -77,2 dBu
- Input impedance Line: 12 kOhm / Instr.: 1 MOhm
- Max. input level Line: 25 dBu / Instr.: 13 dBu
- - Max. output level XLR/jack: 20 dBu
- - Output impedance: 50 Ohm
- Power supply
- - Toroidal transformer: 15 VA
- Fuses: 315 mA (230 V/50 Hz)
- 630 mA (115 V/60 Hz)
- - Stand.-EIA-19 inch/1U housing: 482 x 44 x 210 mm
- - Weight: 3.1 kg
No upgrades available