Squier Affinity Stratocaster 2 Colour Sunburst, Maple
Squier Affinity Stratocaster 2 Colour Sunburst, Maple Product Overview
Squier Affinity Series guitars are some of the best value electric guitars on the market. The Affinity Series Stratocaster delivers solid sound and style, and some great new classic Fender finishes. Other features include three single-coil pickups with five-way switching, smooth-playing maple fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets, synchronous tremolo bridge and large '60s-style headstock. This model is completed with a neutral 2 Colour Sunburst finish.Best Beginning. The best value available today in electric guitar design, Squier Affinity Series guitars deliver solid sound with slick style. The Affinity Series Stratocaster combines the classic features that made the Stratocaster a rock 'n' roll favorite: sonic flexibility, authentic Fender sound, vintage style and eye-catching finishes.
Featuring a Maple neck with “large” headstock, 21-fret maple or rosewood fingerboard, Three single-coil Stratocaster pickups with five-way switching, Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge. The stylish chrome hardware on this model resists tarnishing.
The comfortable "C"-shaped neck profile of this instrument (the shape of the neck in cross section) is sculpted to impart a vintage-style playing feel. The most prevalent neck profile shape, it’s remarkably comfortable and is ideal for all playing styles.
The elegant gold and black two-color headstock logo lends a touch of class to this instrument.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood or Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6" (40.6 mm)
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Headstock: Large '60s Style
- Pickups: Three Squier Standard Single-Coil Strat®
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- -Master Volume
- -Tone 1. (Neck Pickup)
- -Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tremolo Arm: Standard Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Standard Die-Cast
- Switch Tips: White
- Pickguard: Either 3-Ply White, 1-Ply White, 3-Ply White or 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Strap Buttons: Standard
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Strings: Fender® USA Super 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
The Affinity's and Bullet models are generally good Stock Instruments! But they need a good professional setup and sometimes a replacement of parts until they are really useful and well playable. I often heavily modify them for customers, (a lot professionals), and they just love them! But if I would give this Guitar just like it is out of the box to my little friend, he would have a bloody hard time with it!! This one is no exception. But don't think if you spent £1000 on a Guitar you have no problems and no setup to do! You just have spent lots more money!!
Great starter and 1st electric
Unfortunately the guitar frets were protruding making it impossible to play comfortably. I returned the guitar for a full refund. On the plus side I found the GAK customer service to be excellent. I have never bought a guitar on line before but I will not hesitate to order another guitar from GAK. They are an excellent company to deal with and I would recommend them without reservation.
Well pleased with this
Good bit of kit for the price