Steinberg UR242 Audio Interface
Steinberg UR242 Audio Interface Overview by GAK
The Steinberg UR242 is a professional, four-input Audio Interface with four inputs, two outputs and an intergrated MIDI port. Featuring a range of zero-latency FX on monitoring systems, the Steinberg UR242 Audio Interface makes a great addition to any studio from small bedroom-styled studios to larger professional studios. Also featured in the Steinberg UR242 are the famous D-PRE preamps for that clear dynamic sound.
The UR242 offers a perfect balance between three vital factors: quality, portability and cost. First-class components and integrated DSP-powered FX engineered to fit into a small yet rugged interface at an eminently affordable price point — that’s the UR242. Record vocals, guitars, MIDI gear and other audio equipment with up to 4 audio channels at once in pristine 24/192 quality, yet without making any compromises in terms of durability: full metal casing means the UR242 is ready for the rough and tumble of life of a mobile lifestyle. That could be between your recording studio and your hotel room, or between your home recording rig and your band’s rehearsal room: the UR242 offers the features and quality to manage a huge range of production situations.
Full integration with any DAW with dspMixFx
The UR series integrates seamlessly — as you’d expect — with Cubase, yet also with just about any DAW out there. Just like the 19" rack model in the UR range, the UR242 offers latency-free monitoring with DSP-powered FX thanks to the onboard SSP2 DSP chip and the latest dspMixFx technology. This gives you a fully integrated DSP-based monitoring setup wherever you are and with whichever DAW you use. When running with Cubase, the UR242 no additional virtual mixer apps are required! All aspects of I/O handling and DSP management are handled directly from within Cubase. Once your UR242 interface has been installed, Cubase detects the device and automatically embeds it into the Cubase production environment.
Connect the UR242 to your iPad thanks to the Class Compliant mode. iOS music production apps like Steinberg’s Cubasis are a perfect way to sketch out ideas at home or on the go; then hook up the same interface to your PC or Mac to take your musical ideas to the next level.
A pro studio at home
With DAWs, virtual instruments and boutique effect plug-ins offering unprecedented audio quality on even modestly priced laptops that’s on par with the most expensive studio, many musicians and producers require a compact, portable audio interface that offers functionality and sound quality to match. The UR242 comprises components and technologies of an exceptional standard for its class, offering the audio aficionado a moderately priced, mobile solution on a level with the extraordinary audio quality of today’s computer-based music production software.
How to Livestream for Social Media
How to host a Webinar with Zoom
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting 48 V phantom power
- 2 combo inputs with PAD (Hi-Z switch on input 1), 2 TRS
- line inputs, 2 TRS line outputs and headphones jack with
- independent level control
- Latency-free DSP powered monitoring with REV-X reverb,
- Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics (VST 3 plug-in
- version also included)
- dspMixFx editor application for Windows, OS X and iPad
- MIDI input and output
- Rugged full-metal housing
- Loopback function for streaming performances live to the
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, OS X and iPad
- (with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit/ Lightening to USB
- Camera Adapter)
- Be ready to record music in studio quality on your notebook or iPad with the UR242. Engineered to offer outstanding audio and build quality in its price class, the UR242 combines choice components with advanced onboard DSP-powered FX to offer solutions for a huge range of mobile production scenarios. Plug in condenser and dynamic microphones to one of the two onboard D-PRE preamps, connect your guitar to the Hi-Z input and use the dedicated line inputs for your keyboard. Add MIDI equipment, monitor speakers and headphones, and monitor sound with top-quality FX at zero latency. UR242 is the ideal portable production interface for your PC, Mac or iPad.
Product is very good and worth every penny You paid staffs are very professional and very helpful
Does what it says, no issues yet
My first audio interface, It works great. I have a Shure SM58 microphone I plug straight in, an electric guitar and acoustic with pickup that work well on the interface. I also have a Midi keyboard that works seamlessly with the UR242. All good, and very happy with my purchase.
It's ok. It fits the requirements I have right now and it's solidly built... But it is still a budget interface. Have had some issues with latency that I didn't have with its slightly more expensive predecessor, an NI KA6 - and the integration with Cubase could be tighter than it actually is... But for the price, it's hard to find real fault.