Vox amPhones Bass Active Bass Guitar Headphones
Plug in your guitar/bass into the amPhones and start playing!
The VOX amPlug Series of palm-sized headphone guitar amplifiers enables musicians to easily plug their amPlug into any guitar, and attach a pair of headphones to achieve high quality guitar sounds anywhere. Now, amPhones make it even easier for you. While the amPlug required the user to provide the headphones, the amPhones are headphones that have the amPlug technology already built in! Just plug in your instrument, and enjoy serious guitar/bass sound and superb comfort. amPhones are created using headphone technology from Audio-Technica, the name you trust for headphones. amPhones can also be used as conventional headphones when the amplifier simulator is switched off. You can connect your guitar/bass to these headphones, or use them for listening to music. amPhones are what you need, whether you're practicing by yourself in your room, or listening to your portable audio player on the way to the studio. amPhones are a must-have item for any VOX enthusiast.
amPhones come in four models: the "AC30" faithfully reproduces the sound of the classic VOX AC30 amplifier, the "Twin" simulates the sound of a famous US-made clean combo amp, the "Lead" covers lead guitar sounds ranging from UK-made amps to US-made high-gain boutique amps, and the "Bass" models VOX's classic AC100 bass amp with a wide-range design to meet the needs of today's modern electric bass players. Each uses a completely analog design in order to faithfully model the circuit response of the original amp, and will satisfy even the most critical listener.
The amPhones series contains numerous effects that add variety to the sound. The "AC30," "Twin," and "Lead" provide reverb/chorus/delay, and "Bass" provides a compressor. Each effect is adjustable, giving you sound with superb presence that will bring out your best performances.
When you disconnect your guitar/bass and power-off your amPhones, they will function as a conventional set of headphones that offer the superb sound quality that you would expect from VOX. The headphones themselves are made by Audio-Technica, the name you trust in headphones. You'll enjoy optimum sound quality and a comfortable fit that will not produce listener fatigue, even during extended listening sessions. Their folding design allows easy portability, and the extension cable and adaptor plug are also included, making these units an excellent choice for their stand-alone headphone functionality.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- New concept - headphones with built-in amPlug technology that allows you to obtain full-fledged guitar/bass sounds immediately.
- Headphones made by Audio-Technica, the trusted name in headphones.
- The headphone amp uses a new reactor circuit that's based on the Valve Reactor technology featured in VOX amps, delivering incredibly dynamic amp sounds.
- Totally analog design that faithfully simulates the circuit response of the original amp .
- The "AC30" version which faithfully reproduces the classic VOX AC30.
- The "Twin" version which gives you the clean sound of a classic US-made amp.
- The "Lead" version which delivers a heavy British crunch lead sound.
- The "Bass" version which provides a wide-range sound, including a new Bassilator circuit that realistically simulates the resonance of the speaker cabinet and floor.
- A full complement of effects are is provided: chorus/delay/reverb for the guitar versions, and a compressor for the bass version.
- 1/4" connector allows easy connection to any guitar or bass.
- When the power is off, the amPhones can be used as conventional headphones that offering the superb sound quality that you would expect from VOX.
- AUX input jack lets you jam along with your CD/MP3 player.
No upgrades available
These enable you to hear the guitar without an amp and without disturbing others. They do that and that is all they do. That's all I got them for so they are fine as far as that is concerned. However, the sound quality is not great, it is a weak sound and lacks bass punch, which is a shame given that these are supposed to be specifically for bass guitars. There's the option to use them as normal headphones but I never would. I have B&O in-ear phones and Grado open-backed headphones for that. If I had an Aston Martin I wouldn't drive a Lada. Way over-priced given all these shortcomings.
Great product for practicing when traveling.