Yamaha CP88 Stage Piano, Ex-Display Overview
The Yamaha CP88 sits at the top of the CP range. It features three sound engines that are powered by Yamaha’s hyper-realistic Advanced Wave Memory 2 technology, high-quality Vintage Component Modeled effects, a immediate, hands-on interface and extenstive connectivity.
Natural Wood Graded Hammer Action
The headline feature of the Yamaha CP88 and what makes it stand out from the competition is its gorgeous Natural Wood Graded Hammer action. Even the most discerning pianists will love the feel of this well-crafted keybed, with many comparing it to a top-flight acoustic grand. Yamaha are renowned for their decades-long experience crafting world-class acoustic pianos and they’ve imparted the CP88 with that pedigree.
A huge part of what makes the NWGH feels so realistic is its graded hammer effect, which replicates the weight difference between higher and lower keys - heavy at the bottom and lighter at the top. Next is the construction of the keys themselves, with a solid wood core that provides the hefty keypresses that you’d expect from the real deal. The NWGH action keys boast synthetic ebony and ivory keytops, which prevent slipping whilst you’re playing - very handy for those intense performances!
The Natural Wood Graded Hammer action employs a third sensor. What this does is allow you to pull off a grand-piano technique where you can re-articulate notes without a complete key release. This makes fast note repetitions a lot easier to perform.
Lighter Than The Competition
The Yamaha CP88 sits at the lighter end of the full-size, graded action keyboards at 18.6kg. It’s a great solution if you’re regularly gigging and need a flexible stage keyboard with a traditional piano feel. Used in tandem with the specialised soft case, transporting the CP88 couldn’t be easier!
Whilst the NWGH action works well for organ and synth sounds, it truly excels when you play any of the CP88’s wonderful acoustic and electric pianos. If you come from an acoustic piano background or simply demand a stellar playing experience from your stage piano - the CP88 is an ideal choice.
- 88-key Natural Wood Graded Hammer keyboard (NW-GH3)
- Top sounds in outstanding sound quality
- Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) prevents the sound being cut off when another sound is selected
- Waveform Memory can be updated via Firmware Update
- Completely new, intuitive user interface
- One Knob settings
- Light weight, 18 kg only
- 88-key Natural Wood Graded Hammer (NW-GH3), synthetic ebony and ivory key tops
- AWM2, 128 voices of polyphony
- 57 Voices (10 Piano, 14 E-Piano, 33 Sub)
- 160 Live-Set-Sounds (80 Presets)
- 23 Insert Effects, 2 Delay Effects, Reverb, 3-Band-EQ
- LC-Display (128 x 64 Pixels)
- Outputs: [L/MONO]/[R] 6,3 mm jack, [L/MONO]/[R] XLR, PHONES (6,3 mm stereo jack)
- Inputs: [L/MONO]/[R] 6,3 mm jack
- Foot Controllers: Foot Controller 1&2, Foot Switch Sustain/Assignable
- MIDI: MIDI 5-pin In/Out, USB
- USB: To Host/To Device
- Power: AC In
- Dimensions: 1,298 x 364 x 141 mm (B x T x H)
- Weight: 18.6 kg
- Comes with: Owner’s Manual x 1, Power cord x 1, Foot pedal (FC3A) x 1