Yamaha DXS15 MKII Active Subwoofer
Yamaha DXS15 MKII Product Overview by GAK
The DXS15 is an Active Subwoofer which features a high-output Class-D amplifier with an output of 1020W.
The subwoofer delivers rich, warm low end with little to no distortion, even at high output levels. Onboard you will find a 15" woofer with a 2.5" voice coil. The selectable crossed can be switched between 80Hz, 100Hz and 120Hz, allowing you to match your subwoofers to Yamaha's DSR, DXR and DBR series of speakers.
When compared to the original DXS15, the MKII has the ability to deliver 3dB higher SPL, as well as a 5Hz lower extended LF response.
Packed full of a tonne of impressive, useful features. The intuitive design of the DXS15 MKII ensures warm and powerful bass reproduction.
- Upgraded and improved high-output Class-D 1020W amplifier with precision damping
- Powerful 15'' low-frequency woofer with a 2.5'' voice coil
- Delivers 3dB higher sound pressure levels and 5Hz lower LF response compared to its predecessor
- Band-pass subwoofer with a rugged precision-engineered plywood enclosure
- Extended low frequency response from 40Hz to 150Hz
- D-XSUB DSP processing -
- NORMAL: Ideal linear frequency response
- BOOST: Tight and focused bass reproduction
- XTENDED LF: Enhanced low end
- Selectable cross-over - 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz
- 2 x pole sockets - 1 x M20, and 1 x 35mm
- Cardioid bass-management system that reduces the SPL towards the stage, whilst increasing the SPL to the audience (for subwoofer arrays with a minimum of 2 subwoofers)
- Optional speaker covers and wheel kits available separately (not included)
- Speaker Type: 15'' Powered/Active Subwoofer, Band-Pass Type
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 150Hz
- Woofer: 15''
- Voice Coil: 2.5''
- Amplifier: Class-D
- Output Power: 1020W (Dynamic)
- Maximum Output Level: 135dB
- Processors: D-XSUB DSP - Boost Mode, Xtended LF Mode, Normal Mode
- Pole Socket: 1 x M20, 1 x 35mm
- Enclosure: Plywood
- Weight: 36kg