Zoom LiveTrak L-12 Digital Mixer and Recorder
The Zoom LiveTrak L-12 makes it easy to mix, record, and monitor using just one piece of compact equipment.
The L-12 lets you mix your live performance and record up to 12 discrete channels (eight mono and two stereo), which have a 3-band mid-parametric EQ and 16 built-in delay and reverb effects. Add backing tracks from your computer to your live mix and recording. You can record straight to an SD card while mixing your live show at the same time. Tracks are recorded pre-effects and EQ, so you can transfer them to your preferred DAW to mix and edit more. The Zoom LiveTrak L-12 also provides five individual headphone outputs, so creators and musicians can easily save a unique mix that is customised to their preferred sound. The headphone amplifier delivers volume that works in any live environment, without needing a separate headphone monitoring setup.
LiveTrak is also a 14-in/4-out USB audio interface that lets you route inputs and outputs to any DAW. In audio interface mode, you can record up to 48kHz to a computer and SD card simultaneously. It’s class compliant, which enables connection with iOS devices, but an Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter is required.
Record automatically by adjusting the audio input commands. You can set the Zoom Livetrak L-12 to start when the master fader detects a certain dB level, or when you use a guitar chord or snare hit. There’s even the option to capture data up to two seconds before recording starts, in case your performance starts early.
Other features include 48V phantom power (channels 1-4 and 5-8), built-in compression control (channels 1-8), RCA and TS line inputs, Hi-Z connectivity (channels 1-2), and the ability to save up to 9 scenes at a time.
Zoom L-12 LiveTrak Digital Mixer
With the LiveTrak L-12, you can finally mix, record, and monitor with a single piece of gear. It’s the only digital console that lets you mix your live performance and record up to 12 discrete channels – all while providing five individual custom headphone mixes.
LiveTrak’s 12 discrete channels (eight mono plus two stereo) have a 3-band mid-parametric EQ and 16 built-in send effects. Its eight mono channels also have a dedicated compressor. With all these controls plus its 12-segment LED metering, the L-12 offers just what you need for intuitive mixing.
LiveTrak lets you record 12 discrete tracks up to 24-bit/96 kHz WAV audio to an SD card while simultaneously mixing your live show. Tracks are recorded pre-EQ and effects, so they can be transferred to your favourite DAW for further mixing and editing.
Each of LiveTrak’s five monitor outputs provides a unique mix, so every performer can create and save a mix that’s tailored to their preferences. Its headphone amplifier delivers volume that stands up in any live environment without the need for a separate headphone monitoring setup.
LiveTrak is also a 14-in/4-out USB audio interface with flexible routing options, offering unlimited possibilities. Class-compliant mode, which enables connection with iOS devices, is also supported.*
*Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required.
The Channel Strip ( 1 )
All 12 inputs include a channel fader and mute button. The eight mono inputs also include single-knob compression and gain control. Record or playback individual channels with the "Rec/Play" button. Use the "Select" button to apply Channel Strip settings (EQ and panning controls, and "EFX Return" settings) to the selected channel.
Easy EQ Control ( 2 )
The L-12 provides a smooth 3-band mid-parametric EQ and a low cut function for each input channel.
Plenty of Inputs ( 3 )
The L-12’s combo inputs support XLR or 1/4-inch connections. Channels 1 and 2 offer Hi-Z inputs for connecting an electric guitar or bass. Channels 9/10 and 11/12 have TS line connectivity for keyboards and other audio devices, as well as RCA inputs.
Navigation and Display ( 4 )
LiveTrak’s bright, backlit LCD screen and encoder knob let you access an intuitive menu system to create new projects, recall previous projects, and customize your recorder settings.
16 Onboard Effects ( 5 )
The L-12 offers 16 built-in effects with fully adjustable parameters. Choose from delay and reverb effects, then apply them to any channel.
Custom Scene Settings ( 6 )
Save up to nine different scenes and recall your custom settings automatically. Each scene saves fader position, EQ settings, pan, mute, and more. The “Fader Mode” buttons allow you to design custom mixes for both the Master and monitor outs.
Slate Mic and Metronome ( 7 )
Use the built-in slate mic to record comments or talk-back, and program the metronome to your desired tempo.
Flexible Monitoring Options ( 8 )
Five powered headphone outputs can send individual monitor sub mixes to headphones, in-ear monitors, or powered monitor speakers. Headphone output A also features two 1/4" outputs for connection to additional monitors. The main outputs feature XLR connectors to easily connect to your PA.
What’s Under the Hood?
Our Best Mic Preamps Yet.
At -128 dBu EIN with +60 dB maximum input gain, LiveTrak is equipped with the quietest and most advanced preamps we’ve ever made. Just wait until you hear how incredible it sounds.
High-Definition Sample Rates
The L-12 supports sample rates up to 96 kHz when recording to an SD card, allowing you to record in high definition. In Audio Interface mode, the L-12 can record up to 48 kHz to a computer and an SD card simultaneously.
Convenient Auto Recording
Record automatically by adjusting the L-12’s customizable audio input commands. Set it to start when the master fader detects a certain dB level, or use a guitar chord or snare hit to start the track. You can capture data up to two seconds before recording starts, in case a performance begins ahead of time.
Versatile Operation Modes
The L-12 is equipped with several operation modes. Audio Interface mode lets you route inputs and outputs to any DAW.
With USB Host mode, transfer projects and audio files to a connected USB flash drive. In Card Reader mode, the L-12 acts as an SD card reader, allowing you to transfer audio files to and from your computer.
- 12 discrete channels (8 mono plus 2 stereo) with XLR or 1/4-inch connectivity
- 14-track simultaneous recording, 12-track playback
- 14-in/4-out USB audio interface connectivity
- 5 powered headphone outputs, each with a customizable and saveable mix
- Add backing/click tracks from your computer to your live mix and recording
- RCA and TS line inputs
- 48V phantom power (channels 1-4 and 5-8)
- Hi-Z connectivity (channels 1 and 2)
- 26 dB pad (channels 3-8)
- Built-in compression control (Channels 1-8)
- Digital level meters -48 dB to -0 dB
- Master mute button
- Low-cut control
- Stereo panning
- Master and Monitor Outputs A-E
- Scene saving function, up to 9 scenes saved at a time
- 16 built-in delay and reverb effects with adjustable parameters
- Built-in slate mic
- Class-compliant mode (for iOS compatibility)
- SD card input
- Built-in metronome
- Automatic recording starting/stopping capability
- Project protection
- Import/export projects with USB 2.0 host port
- Latency adjustment for A-to-D conversion
- Compatible functions for ZOOM FS01 footswitch
- Here's what comes included with the L-12:
- AC adapter (AD-19)
- USB 2.0 cable
- Quick Guide
- Optional Accessory:
- Rack mount adapter (RKL-12)
- Foot swtich (FS01)
- NUMBER OF INPUT AND OUTPUT CHANNELS
- Mono (MIC/LINE): 8
- Stereo (LINE): 2
- MASTER OUT: 1
- MONITOR OUT: 5
- Mono (MIC/LINE):
- Type: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 HOT, TRS: TIP HOT)
- Input gain
- PAD OFF: +16 - +60 dB
- PAD ON: −10 – +34 dB
- Hi-Z ON: +6 - +50 dB
- Input impedance
- XLR: 3 kΩ
- TRS: 10kΩ/1 MΩ (when Hi-Z ON)
- Maximum input level
- PAD OFF: 0 dBu (at 0 dBFS)
- PAD ON: +26 dBu (at dBFS)
- Phantom Power +48 V
- Stereo (LINE):
- Type: TS phone/RCA pin (unbalanced) jacks
- Maximum input level +10 dBu
- MASTER OUT:
- Type: XLR jacks (balanced)
- Maximum output level: +14.5 dBu
- Output impedance: 100 Ω
- MONITOR OUT A (TRS):
- Type: TRS phone jacks (balanced)
- Maximum output Level: +14.5 dBu
- Output impedance: 100 Ω
- MONITOR OUT A-E (PHONES):
- Type: Standard Stereo phone jacks
- Maximum output level: 42 mW + 42 mW at 60 Ω
- Output impedance: 100 Ω
- MASTER: 1
- MONITOR: 5
- SEND EFX: 1
- CHANNEL STRIP
- LOW CUT:
- 75 Hz, 12 dB/OCT
- HIGH: 10 kHz, ± 15 dB, shelving
- MID: 100 Hz-8 kHz, ±15 dB, peaking
- LOW: 100 Hz, ± 15 dB, shelving
- LEVEL METERS
- Level segments: 12
- SEND EFFECTS
- 16 types:
- Hall 1 & 2 (reverb)
- Room 1 & 2(reverb)
- Plate (reverb)
- Church (reverb)
- DrumAmb (reverb)
- GateRev (reverb)
- Spring (reverb)
- Delay (delay)
- Analog (delay)
- P-P Dly (delay)
- Vocal 1-4 (delay + reverb)
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks:
- 14 at 44.1/48 kHz (12 channel + stereo mix)
- 12 at 96 kHz
- Maximum simultaneous playback tracks:
- Recording format:
- WAV 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereo WAV format
- Recording media:
- 16 MB-2 GB SD cards, 4 GB-32 GB SDHC cards, 64 GB-512 GB SDXC cards
- AUDIO INTERFACE
- 44.1/48 kHz:
- Recording: 14 channels
- Playback: 4 channels
- Bit depth:
- USB 2.0
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR AUDIO INTERFACE MODE
- OS： Windows® 7 SP1 or later / 8.1 / 10 (32bit/64bit)
- CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster*
- USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0**
- * Operation is not guaranteed with CPUs from Atom, Celeron or Pentium series or CPUs made by AMD.
- ** Only USB host controllers with Intel Chipsets are supported. Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards.
- OS： Mac® OS X 10.10 / 10.11 / 10.12 / 10.13
- CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster
- USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0*
- * Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards.
- OS： iOS 8 / 9 / 10
- * Apple Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter required.
- CARD READER
- Mass storage
- USB 2.0 High Speed
- USB HOST
- USB 2.0 High Speed
- SAMPLING RATE
- Sampling rate:
- 44.1/48/96 kHz
- FREQUENCY CHARACTERISTICS
- 44.1 kHz:
- -1.0 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- 96 kHz:
- -3.0 dB: 20 Hz - 40 kHz
- EQUIVALENT INPUT NOISE
- Actual measurements:
- -128 dB EIN (IHF-A) with +60 dB/150 Ω input
- LCD with backlight (128x64 resolution)
- Power supply:
- ZOOM AD-19 AC adapter (DC12 V/2 A)
- Power consumption:
- 17W maximum
- External dimensions:
- 445 mm (W) x 282 mm (D) x 70.5 mm (H)
- 17.5” (W) x 11.1” (D) x 2.78” (H)
- Weight (main unit only):
- 2.53 kg / 5.58 lbs
An absolute treat! The preamps, EQ and FX are all REALLY good sounding, the standalone recorder is a really good feature but the 5 separate headphone mixes is what really sets this device apart from its competitors. Recording must feel comfortable and this is exactly what one feels using this. Can't wait to start using it on the rehearsals, jams and live gigs.
Great device, perfect gig recorder for small bands etc with the ability to rec to a DAW as well as the onboard SD card.