Cordoba 14 Jet Electro Classical
The Jet belongs to Cordoba’s Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars and have a nut width of 48mm (1 7/8"). With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns.
Additional features include cutaway and non cutaway body styles, Fishman or BBand pickups, 2 way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba’s Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Jet is built with a solid Canadian cedar top and Indian rosewood back and sides. It gets its name from its "jet" black finish, a high gloss polyurethane black that goes beautifully with the guitar’s Mother-of-Pearl appointments on the headstock and rosette. It also comes equipped with the Fishman Presys pickup. The fingerboard and bridge are rosewood, neck has 12 or 14 frets to the body (14 Jet), and comes with a deluxe Cordoba gig bag.
The 12 fret model more closely resembles a traditional classical guitar, and allows the bridge to sit a bit further back on the soundboard, where resonance is optimized for a large sound with long sustain. The 14 fret model has a more familiar upper register for steel string players. The bridge is shifted slightly forward from the center of the soundboard, increasing ease of playability for the steel string or electric player. More frets are exposed, creating an easier territory for soloing.
- Top Solid Canadian cedar
- Back & Sides Rosewood
- Binding/Bridge Ivoroid ABS binding/Rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay 3 ply maple and ebony top purfling
- Rosette Mother-of-Pearl
- Finish High gloss jet black PU finish
- Neck/Fingerboard Mahogany neck/Rosewood radiused fingerboard / Fusion Style Neck
- Truss Rod Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length 12: 650mm (25.6") 14: 640 mm (25.2")
- Nut Width 48mm (1 7/8")
- String Spacing at Saddle 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays Mother-of-Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle Bone
- Number of Frets 12 or 14 to body, 19 or 21 total
- Bracing/Build Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length 275mm (10.8") at upper bout, 365mm (14.4") at lower bout/ 492mm (19.375") body length
- Overall Length 38.75"
- Body Depth 88mm (3.5") at upper bout, 88mm (3.5") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- Electronics Fishman Presys, built in digital tuner
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard NA
- Case Cordoba gig bag
- Specs are subject to change.