Akai EWI USB
Akai EWI USB Product Overview by GAK
The Akai EWI USB is an easy, fun-to-use digital wind instrument that has the power to produce over 75 different orchestral, concert band, jazz band, and synthesiser sounds. The layout of the EWI USB is very similar to the EWI 4000s & 5000, also by Akai.
The difference between the EWI USB and other electronic wind instruments that have come before it is it's built-in USB interface, this allows the user to simply load, play and listen to sounds by simply connecting it to a PC or Mac.
The Akai EWI USB falls in to a different price range compared to a lot of digital wind instruments, usually you'd find high-end, professional instruments and at the other end of the spectrum, toys. The EWI USB meets nicely in the middle with professional sounds, robust build and affordable price.
Akai Product Overview
EWIs are the only choice for serious wind players looking to make music electronically. While EWI USB is easy and fun to use, it’s also powerful, flexible, and most importantly reliable enough for use on stage and in the studio by professional musicians.
EWI USB is the most flexible EWI because it harnesses your computer to generate its sounds. Its USB interface means that all you need is nearly any Mac or PC and the included EWI USB software, and you’re ready to practice, perform, create, and record with a full collection of wind instrument sounds. Aria Player software was produced specifically for use with EWI USB, providing wind players with an unprecedented level of expressive control.
You get over 75 different orchestral, concert band, jazz band, and synthesizer sound sets expertly recorded and programmed by Garritan, renowned for its ultra-realistic instrument sound libraries.
EWI USB offers multiple fingering modes including sax, traditional EWI, flute, oboe, and EVI (brass), so whether you’re just starting out as a woodwind student or an old pro wind player, you’ll find EWI USB easy to play. EWI USB is designed for you to spend your time playing music; not learning technology.
Historically, electronic wind instruments have fallen into two different categories: high-end, professional instruments and toys. EWI USB breaks the price barrier, bringing professional quality, expressive control, and a studio-ready sound library to a price the professional-wind-instrument world has never seen.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400.
- Electronic wind instrument controller
- Easy to play, easy to use, and easy to own
- Powerful, flexible, and reliable
- Plug-and-play USB connection to Mac or PC
- Custom Garritan Aria Player software, contains wind instrument sounds
- Multiple fingering modes: sax, traditional EWI, flute, oboe, and EVI brass
- Expandable sound palette
- Removable, dishwasher-safe mouthpiece
- EWI USB wind instrument
- Neck strap
- Cleaning cloth
- USB cable
- Software DVD
- Quick start guide
- Safety instructions
- Mouthpiece: air-pressure level sensor & bite sensor
- Note Keys: 13 touch sensors
- Octave Rollers: 2 mobile, 2 fixed touch sensors (5-octave range)
- Bend Plates: 2 touch sensors
- Ground Plates: 2 touch sensors
- Class-compliant, plug-and-play USB device
- MIDI Output Channels Over USB: 1
- Mac and PC compatible
- For a MIDI Implementation Chart, please refer to the EWI USB Quickstart Manual under the "Docs & Downloads" tab.
- Dimensions: 23 1/8" x 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
- Weight: 1.3 lbs
- Power: ~100mA, 5V via USB
- Terminals: 1 slave connector (MIDI over USB)
- Mac: OSX
- PC: Windows XP or Vista
- USB port
No upgrades available
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year