Akai MPK88 Keyboard Controller
Akai MPK88 Keyboard Controller Overview by GAK
The Akai MPK88 is a professional Keyboard/ USB MIDI controller that features a fully weighted hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity. Another great addition to the Akai MPK88 is the MPC-styled pads for programming and creating original beats and rhythms to accompany your performance.
See below for full details and additional overview
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- 88-key fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- MPC-pad section of 16 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 48 samples
- Assignable Q-Link controller section for flexible control of most software parameters
- Eight Q-Link knobs, eight Q-Link faders, eight Q-Link buttons, three banks each
- Key Split enables control of two different sounds from the same keyboard
- Dedicated transport controls for tracking and editing
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- MPC Full Level, MPC 16-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software
- Works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- Number of Keys: 88 16 x 4 banks of drum pads
- Type of action: Fully weighted hammer action
- Aftertouch (Channel)
- Computer Interface: USB/MIDI
- Displays: Custom LCD
- Footswitchable Patch Changes: yes
- Number of Independent MIDI Ins/Outs: 1
- Programmable Continuous Footpedals: 1
- Programmable Footswitches: 1
- Programmable controllers: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- System Real-Time Controls: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- The Akai Professional MPK88 Keyboard Controller is a professional performance keyboard controller with MPC production controls. The MPK88 draws on the design of the popular MPK49, the first keyboard ever to features MPC pads.
- This first-of-its-kind keyboard is ideal for performance, starting with a premium, fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard, adding MPC pads, Q-Link controls, and a selection of MPC technologies. The Akai Professional MPK88 Keyboard features an 88-key keyboard and 16 genuine MPC pads.
- The hammer-action keyboard is fully weighted and features aftertouch for expressive melodic control. The MPC pads are pressure and velocity-sensitive to capture every nuance of your creative concepts. The pads can access four banks of sounds, so you have 64 samples at your fingertips with the touch of a button.
- At the touch of a button, two controller presets, LIVE and CD, adapt L.U.C.A.S ALPHA to suit the given sound reinforcement task. L.U.C.A.S ALPHA offers you the headroom you need for DJs and Bands. Its speakers and pressure chamber drivers are high-performance components that have proven their merits for years in some of the most successful touring- and rental PAs.
- The MPK88 places dedicated transport controls within your reach for easy control of some of the most important tracking and editing controls. The MPK88 has modulation and pitch-bend wheels for expressive musicality, and two assignable footswitch inputs enable you to connect an expression pedal or other continuous controller and a footswitch for momentary controls like patch change or start/stop.
- Akai Pro built a massive collection of Q-Links into the MPK series. The MPK88 gives you eight virtual knobs that are assignable to control nearly any software parameter. You can control three different parameters per knob thanks to the knobs' three-bank selection, totaling 24 parameters of instant, hands-on control. Like the virtual knobs, eight virtual faders and eight virtual buttons also control three banks of parameters each, so you get 24 virtual faders and 24 virtual buttons. That's 72 Q-Link controls.
- MPC Swing is sometimes referred to as "the heart and soul of hip hop" because it turns perfectly aligned sequences into human feeling time alignments. You can specify exactly the degree and timing of swing you want to apply for the perfect feel.