Apogee JAM 96k for Windows and Mac
Apogee Jam 96k Professional guitar interface for Windows and Mac overview from GAK
California based Apogee are industry-leading audio equipment specialists, with a vast armada of highly-regarded products ranging from their legendary Symphony multi-channel audio interface to the petite and innovative 'Groove' headphone amp.
The pocket-sized Jam 96k Guitar Audio Interface is an invaluable tool designed for players on the move. Connect your guitar to an iPad, iPhone, Mac or Windows 10 PC and record high-quality 24-bit/96kHz audio in seconds.
The Jam 96k has a simple plug and play functionality that allows you to get straight to business, use the dial-in gain wheel to precisely adjust your input level to gain the volume you need. Once playing the built-in Class A input delivers a tube amp tone brimming with warmth and backed up with plenty of punch, whether you're marching through a blue's rock rhythm or shredding out a ferocious solo, the Jam 96k will capture every moment in fine detail.
Utilizing Apogee's PureDIGITAL technology, the Jam 96k eliminates noise and delivers what you need, a clean crisp guitar tone ready for laying down. Designed carefully to ensure your guitar, effects and music software sounds as good as it can get.
Always ensure you are correctly connected and don't peak thanks to the Jam 96k's status and level LED indication, three colours displaying connection status, ready status and excessive levels. With a clear and quick flash of the red LED indicator you can quickly and efficiently lower the input gain via the Jam 96k's rotary style gain wheel and resume your playing, safe in the knowledge that your playing will be usable come recording time.
the jam 96k literally fits in the palm of your hand but thankfully, its small size holds no influence on its strength and durability, its nickel plated body is protected with a durable UV finish keeping it safe from structural damage on the road and in the studio. This thing is surprisingly tough!
The Apogee 96k is capable of recording not only guitar but your guitar amp, certain dynamic microphones, electric bass and acoustic guitar. Its small size makes it an ideal companion on the road giving you the ability to lay down and record ideas quickly, with quality good enough to make it to the final mix.
Praise for the Jam 96k:
"JAM is the ultimate A/D in for
"The preamp and converter in this thing are just as good as any high-end-price-tag interface." - Joe Trohman (Fall Out Boy)
"The JAM is by far best plug and
- Connect electric guitar or bass to your Windows or Mac computer
- Studio-quality you can take anywhere
- Direct digital connection for up to 96kHz / 24-bit high-definition recording
- Discrete, Class A input delivers punchy, tube amp tone
- Apogee’s PureDIGITAL circuit design eliminates signal noise
- Dial-in the perfect level with the gain wheel and multicolour LED meter
- Works on Mac and Windows 10 computers
- Also compatible with iOS devices (Lightning cable sold separately)
- Recommended Windows 10 apps: Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Audacity, Cubase or any ASIO4ALL driver compatible application
- Recommended Mac OS apps: GarageBand, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Audacity or any Core Audio compatible app
- Simple setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Made in the U.S.A.