Audix VX5 Handheld Condenser Microphone
The Audix VX5 is a multi-purpose, professional vocal condenser microphone designed for stage, studio, and broadcast applications. With an ability to duplicate studio-quality sound on stage, the VX5 has a smooth and accurate frequency response, resistance to feedback, and handles very high SPLs without distortion.
Designed with a tight and uniformly controlled supercardioid polar pattern, the VX5 condenser vocal microphone helps isolate vocals from the rest of the stage. Other features include a 14 mm gold vapor diaphragm, an acoustically ported steel mesh grille with a multi-stage pop filter, and a -10 dB pad and bass roll-off filter. The VX5 will handle SPLs in excess of 140 dB (with pad and roll-off engaged) and will provide over 20 dB of ambient noise rejection on live stages.
In addition to vocal applications, the VX5 supercardioid microphone is designed to capture instruments such as guitars, woodwinds, brasses, percussion toys, drum overheads, hi-hats, and pianos.
The VX5 requires 18 – 52 V phantom power.
Designed, assembled, and tested by Audix in the USA.
- Transducer Type: Pre-Polarized Condenser
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 16.5 kHz
- Polar Pattern Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- Sensitivity 5 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Equivalent Noise Level: 26 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio 68 dB
- Off-Axis Rejection: >20 dB
- Maximum SPL ≥140 dB (w/ -10 pad)
- Power Requirements: 9-52 V
- Connector 3-pin XLRm
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Materials / Finish: Zinc Alloy & Machined Brass / Black Finish
- Weight: 277 g / 8 oz
- Length: 181 mm / 7.1 in
No upgrades available