Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HSS 2PT CM Ash, Caramelized Maple Fingerboard, Red Ash
Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HSS 2PT Overview.
Charvel once again reaches new heights of modern high performance combined with elegant style and crushing tone with the Pro-Mod DK24 HSS 2PT CM Ash, a stunning new instrument designed especially for a new breed of player whose musical vision and versatility knows no boundaries. Featuring a sculpted shredder's cut heel and scalloped lower back bout for comfortable, unencumbered upper fret access, the ash Dinky body is paired with a graphite-reinforced bolt-on caramelized maple neck for rock-solid stability. The “speed” neck features a silky-smooth satin finish on the back for sublime playability, Luminlay® side dots to guide your way along the fretboard on dark stages and a heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel for convenient neck relief tweaks. Built for fast playing speeds, the 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard features comfortable rolled edges, 24 jumbo frets, pearloid dot inlays and Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut.
An HSS pickup configuration consisting of a Seymour Duncan® Custom Full Shred SH-10B bridge pickup, Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 single-coil middle pickup and Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP single-coil neck pickup proves to be a versatile tonal force with beefed up mids and articulated, crispy highs.
Taking our modern DK24 platform up a notch, this model's other premium modern features include a five-way blade pickup switch, Stratocaster-style skirt knobs for the volume (with 500K EVH Bourns low friction potentiometer) and no-load tone controls, Gotoh® Custom 510 tremolo bridge, locking tuners and more.
Sure to impress in sound and style, this Pro-Mod DK24 is wrapped in a fiery Red Ash finish with chrome hardware.
Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HSS 2PT Specs:
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Neck Material: Caramelized Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action with Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Full Shred SH-10B
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Flat Strat SSL-6 Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil
- Controls: Volume, No-Load Tone
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Bridge: Gotoh Custom 510 Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast Locking
- Control Knobs: Stratocaster-Style Skirt
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
Everything about the guitar is great but the ash body does feel rather cheap and at first I thought it was plastic. The neck is fantastic and very easy to play on but if I needed to replace the guitar I'd get one of the satin finishes with HH pickups.
Not had it long but I'm in love with this guitar so far. Love all the features and the roasted maple neck and the tones are unreal for the money. I have a Gibson Les Paul standard and sorry Gibson but this guitar makes it sound rubbish.