Cordoba GK Pro Negra Electro Classical
The Cordoba GK Pro Negra Electro-Acoustic Classical Guitar is one of the signature models made for Nicolas Reyes and Tonino Baliardo of Gipsy Kings. The GK Pro Negra has a solid European spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides, giving you a complex yet responsive sound that is ideal for Flamenco. Its soft cutaway gives you access to the upper frets, ideal for soloists. What's more, you can plug the GK Pro Negra into an amp or PA for gigging and playing with a full band thanks to its state of the art Fishman PreFix ProBlend pickup. Its neck has a narrower profile than most classical/Flamenco guitars and is a pleasure to play thanks to its ebony fingerboard and lack of relief, giving it a low action. Other features include a rosewood bridge, high gloss finish, and premium Savarez Cristal Corum strings. The GK Pro includes Cordoba's humidified hardshell case.
- Top: Solid European spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Indian rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 6 ply colored wood top purfling, 3 ply maple and ebony back and side purfling
- Rosette: Mother-of-Pearl and ebony "Esteso" weave
- Finish: High Gloss PU
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck / Ebony fingerboard / Cutaway-Electric Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width: 50mm (1.96")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl at 5, 7, 9
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish heel neck joint & fan bracing, Flamenco style build
- Body Width & Length: 285mm (11.2") at upper bout, 370mm (14.6") at lower bout
- Overall Length: 39"
- Body Depth: 88mm (3.5") at upper bout, 89mm (3.5") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines : Cordoba Premium Gold Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Cristal Corum in High Tension 500CJ
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix Problend on board Electronics with 3-band EQ
I was looking for a guitar with: good, sound and projection. I also a wanted good natural sounding pickup and easy to play. This has met all my expectations also my friends are pretty impressed with the sound. The case is not wonderful I took it out once and already there is a snick in the vinyl.