Epiphone Limited Edition Jason Hook 'M-4' Explorer Outfit
For nearly a decade, former LA session ace Jason Hook has been the lead guitarist of Five Finger Death Punch where his explosive solos have helped propel the band to new heights and a regular spot atop the Billboard charts with every new release. And from the very beginning, Hook has counted on an Explorer to deliver his trademark combination of melody and power.
The new Epiphone Limited Edition Jason Hook "M-4" Explorer Outfit—much like Hook himself—is all original and not your standard Explorer. The “M-4” features a deeper upper body cutaway, which makes for easier access to all 22 Super Jumbo sized frets. Hook has also added an angled scarf across top of the body to give players a comfortable arm “rest.” The Pure White finish has Hook’s signature M-4 “Sherman” graphics. The neck has a Jason Hook Custom SlimTaper profile with a standard 24.75” scale length, a Granadilla fingerboard with a 12” radius and pearloid dot inlays. The neck is hand-set and glued and comes with a dual action truss rod with J. Hook in white on the truss rod “Bell” shaped cover. The traditional Explorer headstock has the Epiphone logo in pearloid.
Jason Hook chose Seymour Duncan pickups for his debut Epiphone signature model including an SH-1 Vintage ’59 Humbucker in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan SH-4 "JB" Humbucker in the bridge or lead position. The SH-1 Vintage ’59 is inspired by Seth Lover’s original P.A.F.-style pickups but with a slightly scooped midrange for squeal-free performance. The Seymour Duncan SH-4 "JB" Humbucker is known as the ultimate hod-rodded humbucker with a powerful low end, crisps details in the high-end, and an upper-midway bump for chunking heavy chords. Controls feature Black Tophat knobs with metal inserts with individual Volume controls for each pickup, a Master Tone control, and an Epiphone all-metal 3-way Toggle Switch.
The Jason Hook “M-4” features a classic LockTone™ Tune-o-matic bridge and a Stopbar tailpiece along with an Epiphone non-rotating Heavy Duty Output Jack. A premium custom gigbag is included along with a hand-signed COA in a presentation binder. Like all Epiphones, the Ltd. Ed. Jason Hook "M-4" Explorer Outfit comes with a two year guarantee and Gibson Brands 365/24/7 Customer Service. Grab one while you can!
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Jason Hook Custom SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Headstock: "Explorer" shaped
- Headstock Inlay: "Epiphone" logo in pearloid
- Truss Rod: Yes; Dual-action
- Fingerboard: Granadilla
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Inlay: "Dots" in pearloid
- Frets: 22; Super Jumbo
- Nut: White; U-Rite
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Pickguard: None
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover® Locking mini-Rotomatics™
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan SH-1 Vintage "59 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan SH-4 "JB" Humbucker
- -Neck Volume
- -Bridge Volume
- -Master Tone
- -3-way Toggle Switch, Epiphone All-Metal
- Knobs: Black tophats with metal inserts
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: LockTone™ Stopbar
- Output Jack: Epiphone Exclusive Non-rotating, Heavy Duty Output Jack, Metal Output Jack Plate
- Strings: 10 - 56 gauge
- Includes: Hand-Signed COA in presentation binder, Premium Custom Gigbag
No upgrades available