Epiphone Wilshire P90, Ebony
The original Epiphone Wilshire was available from 1959 to 1970, sitting in between the higher-spec Epiphone Crestwood and the more affordable Epiphone Coronet. This reissue of the Epiphone Wilshire has many of the same features as the early models, including the classic symmetrical double-cutaway body made from Mahogany (allowing easier access to the upper frets), PRO P-90 Soapbar pickups in the bridge and neck (which have the open sound of a single-coil pickup and the bite/distortion of a humbucker, if required). The Epiphone Wilshire P-90 also has a mahogany neck with medium C shape profile and an Indian laurel fretboard, with 22 medium jumbo frets, making it more comfortable to play.
The Epiphone Wilshire has Epiphone Deluxe tuners, which beautifully complement the reduced-sized Kalamazoo black headstock with Epiphone Bikini-shaped badge. There are 2 volume and 2 tone controls next to the 3-way toggle pickup selector, and a butterfly-shaped tortoiseshell pickguard with a foil ‘E’ logo between the pickups.
The Epiphone Wilshire P-90 fits perfectly into the Epiphone Premium Solidbody Electric Guitar Gigbag (sold separately).
From its first appearance in 1959 the Wilshire has been one of Epiphone’s most successful original solid body electric guitar designs. The Wilshire P-90 brings back many of the features of the earliest Wilshire models including the symmetrical double-cutaway mahogany body with dual PRO P-90 Soapbar pickups, three on a side reduced sized Kalamazoo headstock with Epiphone Bikini badge and ivory button Epiphone Deluxe tuning machines, and a butterfly tortoiseshell pickguard with foil E logo. The Wilshire P-90 comes equipped with a glued-in mahogany neck with a medium C profile, Indian laurel fretboard with 12" radius and 22 medium jumbo frets, 2 volume and 2 tone controls and an Epiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic bridge and Stop Bar tailpiece, and is available in classic Cherry and Ebony finishes.
- Material Mahogany
- Profile Medium C
- Scale Length 24.724"
- Fingerboard Material Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius 12.01"
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Graph Tech NuBone
- Nut Width 1.693"
- Inlays Dot
- Joint Glued in
- Body Shape Symmetrical Epiphone Wilshire
- Body Material Mahogany
- Finish Nickel
- Tuner Plating Nickel
- Bridge LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece LockTone Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines Epiphone Deluxe with Ivory buttons
- Pickguard Imitation Tortoise with foil "E"
- TrussRod Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover 3-Ply Epiphone Bullet
- Control Knobs Black Top Hats with nickel inserts
- Switch Tip Cream
- Switchwasher Black with Gold text
- Control Covers Black; PVC
- Strap Buttons 2 - bottom and below heel on body
- Pickup Covers Black Soapbar P-90
- Neck Pickup Epiphone PRO P-90 Soapbar
- Bridge Pickup Epiphone PRO P-90 Soapbar
- Controls 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS potentiometers
- Pickup Selector 3 way toggle
- Output Jack 1/4" Epiphone
- Strings .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Optional: EpiLite Case (711106481579), Hardshell Case (711106261447), Gig Bag (711106261980) "
Epiphone do it again, amazing, just need the Coronet now??