Fender Custom Shop '54 Stratocaster Heavy Relic Two Tone Sunburst
Fender Custom Shop 1954 Stratocaster Heavy Relic Two Tone Sunburst overview by GAK
This one-piece ash body Stratocaster features a battered nitrocellulose lacquer finish in the model's original Two-color Sunburst. The one-piece quartersawn maple neck has a comfortable 1954 "U"-shaped profile and tinted lacquer finish, and the maple fingerboard has a 9.5" radius and 21 6105 frets for smooth modern playability. Three 1954 single-coil Stratocaster pickups deliver a singing original-era voice. Other features include modern five-way pickup switching, a single-ply white pickguard, synchronized tremolo bridge with six "patent pending" saddles and serial number-stamped trem plate (a special 1954 touch), vintage-style tuners and nickel-chrome hardware.
The guitar comes in a tweed "center-pocket" case with Stratocaster 60th anniversary embroidery and an included 60th anniversary commemorative book. This special guitar honours the Stratocaster's very first model year and is finely crafted with a rich selection of features and appointments, in addition to a heavy relic treatment that evokes decades of use, abuse and hard-fought wear and tear.
A Fender Custom Shop instrument is as good as it gets. You know it when you play one—it’s filled with intangible, electrifying elements that adds a new dimension to your playing experience. It’s as if the instrument itself is imbued with history, and is as close as it gets to an original build Fender from the Golden Era.
The Custom Shop builders are completely dedicated to their art, they’re the best at what they do, and they pour all of their passion, hard-earned knowledge and skill into every instrument they build. It’s no ordinary place, and the creations that come from it are no ordinary instruments. Whether they're Teambuilt or Masterbuilt.
- Body Material: One-piece Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1954 "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: New 1954 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: New 1954 Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: New 1954 Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Included Accessories: Case, Cable, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity
No upgrades available