Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH Amber
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH (Amber) Overview by GAK
An exquisite high-end Telecaster experience awaits the player who gets their hands on a Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH. First, it looks phenomenal, with a carved flame maple top on a mahogany body, cream body binding, a gorgeous Amber finish with a matching headstock, a mahogany set neck, abalone dot fingerboard inlays and black hardware.
Second, it sounds phenomenal, with dual Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups, three-way pickup switching, a push/pull coil tap switch built into the master tone control knob, and more. A decidedly non-traditional Telecaster of peerlessly crafted style and powerful sonic substance.
Nato body with carved Flame maple top to create one of the most sumptuously refined looks ever given to traditionally simple Tele design, the Custom Telecaster FMT HH features a resonant nato body capped by an exquisitely carved flame maple top with cream binding.
The huge voice of the Custom Telecaster FMT HH comes from its powerful Seymour Duncan pickups—a warm ’59 at the neck that goes especially well with the mahogany body, and a sweet and slightly hotter Pearly Gates at the bridge.
Set Neck, in a most unusual design element for a Telecaster—or any other Fender guitar, for that matter—the Custom Telecaster FMT HH features a glued-on set neck fashioned from resonant and darkly beautiful nato.
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Binding: Cream Binding on Top of Body
- Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo Frets
- Position Inlays: Oversized Abalone Dot
- Fretboard Radius: 15.75" (40 cm)
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Headstock: Matching Painted Headstock
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Pearly Gates™ Humbucking Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® '59 Humbucker Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Push/Pull Pot for Coil Tap
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (with Push/Pull Coil Select Feature)
- Hardware: Black Chrome
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele® Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- String Nut: Graphite
- Switch Tip: Black Switch Tip
- Strings: Fender® USA Super 250L's, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features:
- -Cream Colored Top Body Binding
- -Oversized Abalone Dot Position Inlays
- -Matching Painted Headstock
- -Graphite Nut
- Case/Gig Bag: Not included
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
Superb guitar but totally different from a normal Tele. Love it!
Telecaster with a difference. Doesn't buzz like some can. Good finish. Nice tonality. Split coil switch means lot of options to tone and overall sound.