Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar Metallic KO Overview
The Johnny Marr signature Jaguar is a fantastically non-standard version of the model that is as distinctive as the sounds Marr wrings from it, with a wealth of highly specialised features including custom-wound Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr single-coil neck and bridge pickups; custom-shaped maple neck based on Marr's 1965 Jaguar, with vintage-style truss rod, lacquer finish and Marr's signature on the front of the headstock; four-position blade-style pickup switch mounted to the lower-horn chrome plate (bridge, bridge and neck in parallel, neck, bridge and neck in series); two upper-horn slide switches (universal bright and pickup switch position four bright); Jaguar bridge with Mustang.
Rather than traditional slide switches, Marr’s signature Jaguar has a special four-way blade pickup switch on the lower horn, delivering the bridge pickup alone, the bridge and neck pickups in parallel, the neck pickup alone, and the neck and bridge pickups in series.
The Johnny Marr Jaguar features special nylon bridge-post inserts for improved bridge stability, and a "taller" tremolo arm with a nylon-sleeve insert to keep it from swinging loose.
Nitrocellulose lacquer is one of the great original-era Fender electric guitar
In an especially authentic touch, the neck on this signature model has a comfortably broken-in custom profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) based directly on Marr’s 1965 Jaguar.
For specially voiced tone worthy of such an inventive and versatile guitarist, this Jaguar is built with "Bare Knuckle" Johnny Marr single-coil custom-wound neck and bridge pickups.
In an extra-special design element, the upper horn of the Johnny Marr Jaguar features two slide switches—a "universal" bright switch that kicks everything up a notch or two, and a separate bright switch that only affects the "series" pickup switch position.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Body Finish: Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Custom Neck Shape based on Johnny's '65 Jaguar®
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Style Frets
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 24" (61 cm)
- Neck Plate: Vintage Style 4 Bolt
- Truss Rods: Original Vintage Style
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Custom Wound Bareknuckle® Johnny Marr Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: Jaguar® Bridge with Mustang Saddles and Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Bridge Cover: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Auxiliary Switching: 2 Slide-Switches: Universal Bright Switch; Bright Switch for Blade Position 4
- Strings: Fender® USA Super 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Custom Wound Pickups, Artist Signature on front of headstock, Nylon Bridge Post Inserts for improved stability; Nylon Insert in Trem Arm Sleeve to prevent arm swing
- Case Gig Bags: Custom G&G with Blue Crushed Velvet Interior
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White/Black/White
- Included Accessories: Strap, cable, set of flatwound strings
Fender 3250R Nickel-Plated Steel Super Bullet Strings 10-46
Fender Monogrammed Leather Guitar Strap (Black)
Elixir 12052 Nickel Plated Steel Nanoweb Electric, Light, 10-46
Tiger GST49 Wooden Guitar Wall Hanger
Hercules GS412B Plus AGS Guitar Stand