Gibson Acoustic J-185 Vintage, Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Acoustic J-185 Vintage, Vintage Sunburst Overview.
The stunning J-185 Vintage is like having a brand new guitar that has already been 'played in' for you at the factory! With its Thermally Aged solid Sitka Spruce top and ultra-thin 'Vintage Original Spec' nitrocellulose finish the J-185 resonates like few others. Solid flame maple make up the back & sides and like a J-185 of old, this is a true acoustic with no pickup installed. The slim taper Mahogany neck feels like a joy to play, whether you are a flat picker, finger picker or strummer this will cover all styles effortlessly and let you be the very best player you can be.
There's no substitute for a Gibson, the heritage and long list of users speaks for itself.
- Body Shape: J-180
- Top: Thermally Aged Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Solid Flame maple
- Bracing: Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing
- Binding: Multi-ply top, multi-ply back
- Finish: Thin Finish Nitrocellulose, VOS
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper
- Scale Length: 24.75''
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12''
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.725''
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Parallelograms
- Tuner Plating: Aged Gold
- Bridge: Belly up, open slot
- Saddle: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Relic
- Pickguard: J-185
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Bridge Pins: Bone
- Strings: 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Case: Gibson Hardshell
- Other: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit