Gibson Acoustic Hummingbird, Vintage Cherry Sunburst
Gibson Acoustic Hummingbird, Vintage Cherry Sunburst Overview by GAK.
Much of the Hummingbird’s appeal lies in its versatility. However you attack this flat-top, it pumps out rich, deep tones, and is equally at home strumming first-position chords as it is taking the spotlight for picking lead lines. Its spacious square-shoulder solid Mahogany body and sweet, select solid Sitka Spruce top are more than capable of nailing down the rhythm in the hands of a rock and roll sideman, or accompanying the most nuanced performance under the fingers of today’s alternative singer-songwriter. It really is the guitar that does it all!
- Body Shape: Hummingbird
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing: Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing
- Binding: Multi-ply top, multi-ply back
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Round
- Scale Length: 24.75''
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12''
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.725''
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Parallelograms
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Traditional belly up
- Saddle Material: Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatic
- Bridge Pins: Tusq
- Pickup: LR Baggs™ VTC
- Controls: Volume and Tone controls in soundhole
- Strings: 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Case: Gibson Hardshell
- Other: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit
I always wanted a Gibson Hummingbird - finally I have one. One of the best acoustics ever.
Phenomenal guitar, beautiful tone, deep and rich.