Gibson ES-335 Figured, Sixties Cherry
Gibson ES-335 Overview by GAK.
A new year, a new decade and a fantastic new Gibson Guitars product lineup that is sure to have something for everyone. After a very successful relaunch in 2019, the Gibson USA range has drawn inspiration from it's roots while offering the very best in modern luthiery technques to deliver a true modern classic. Adding to the Gibson Original series you now have the Gibson Les Paul Special in Vintage Cherry, Gibson Les Paul Junior in Ebony and the Gibson ES-345 in Sixties Cherry and Vintage Sunburst to name a few. Other notable additions are the Gibson '70s Flying V and '70s Explorer which are both available in Classic White, the Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute Humbucker available in four colours and last but certainly not least the brand new Gibson Slash Les Paul Standard available in Appetite Amber, November Burst, Vermillion Burst and Anaconda Burst.
The Gibson ES-335 Figured is the perfect blend of form and function. Crafted with a thermally engineered maple centerblock, and thermally engineered quarter-sawn Adirondack spruce bracing, players will be impressed by the lightweight feel and expanded range of tonal capabilities. Equipped with high-end appointments like our hand-wired control assembly with orange drop capacitors, Gibson's new Calibrated T-Type humbucking pickups, Vintage Deluxe style tuners and light weight Aluminum ABR-1 bridge and stop bar tailpiece anchored with steel thumb-wheels and studs. The AAA figured maple is set off by staggering gloss finishes including, Sixties Cherry, Antique Natural, and Iced Tea.
Gibson ES-335 Specs:
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Rounded C
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1.695"
- Body Shape: 335
- Body Material: 3-ply AAA Figured Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Binding: Single Ply Cream
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating:
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Deluxe
- Pickguard: Black 5-Ply
- Truss Rod:
- Pickup Covers:
- Neck Pickup: T-Type Rhythm
- Bridge Pickup: T-Type Lead
- Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones, 1 Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
- Pickup Selector:
- Output Jack:
- Strings: .10, .13, .17, .26, .36, .46
- Case: Harde Shell Case
- Accessories: Gibson Accessory Kit
- Material Mahogany
- Profile Rounded "C"
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Graph Tech
- Nut Width 1.695"
- End of Board Width 2.26"
- Inlays Acrylic Split Parallelogram
- Body Shape 335
- Top 3-ply Figured Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Back 3-ply Fgured Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Bracing Thermally Engineered Quarter-Sawn Adirondack Spruce
- Centerblock Thermally Engineered Maple
- Binding 1-ply Cream
- Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Finish Nickel
- Bridge ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines Vintage Deluxe w/ Keystone Buttons
- Pickguard Black 5-ply
- Control Knobs Black Top Hats with Silver Reflector
- Switch Tip Cream
- Neck Pickup Calibrated T-Type, Rhythm
- Bridge Pickup Calibrated T-Type, Lead
- Controls 2 Volumes, 1 Tone & Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
- Strings .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Hard Shell Case
- Accessories Gibson Accessory Kit
Love this guitar to bits, worth the wait!