Gretsch G9221 Bobtail Round-Neck Electro-Acoustic Steel Resonator
With innovation at its core, the all-new G9221 Bobtail Steel will impress your audience with its sweet quality of tone at cutting volumes. Incorporating a special combination of an all-steel body with our renowned Gretsch Ampli-SonicGäó "Spider" cone diaphragm of 99 percent pure aluminum, the Bobtail Steel offers a new tonal signature for your musical creations. Other features include a round mahogany neck, Padauk fingerboard, Grover® Sta-TiteGäó machine heads and Fishman® Nashville pickup.
- Model Name: G9221 Bobtail™ Steel Round-Neck A.E.
- Series: Roots Collection
- Body Shape: Resonator
- Bracing: Neck Stick
- F Holes Sound Holes: "F" Holes
- Body Depth: 3.5" (89 mm)
- Body Length: 18.87" (479 mm)
- Body Width Upper Bout: 9.875" (251 mm)
- Body Width Lower Bout: 14.125" (359 mm)
- Neck Shape: Medium "V"
- Number of Frets: 19 (12 to Body)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 15.75" (400 mm)
- Fretboard: Padauk
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Semi-Gloss Honey Mahogany Stain
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Scale Length: 25" (635 mm)
- Hardware Finish: Steel
- Bridge: Spider - Fishman® Nashville
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Sta-Tite™ Die-Cast
- String Nut: Bone
No upgrades available
Nice sounding instrument, looks good. BUT I don't like the machine heads; they don't work as well as I would expect them to, given that they are stamped "Grover". Some are stiffer than others, even after using a little PTFE lube. It would have been nice if they had put them all on straight, too... A strap button on the neck would have been helpful. But for these minor issues, the guitar would be well worth 5 stars.