Guild USA D-40 Traditional Dreadnought Acoustic, Natural
Guild D-40 USA Traditional Mahogany Dreadnought Natural
The D-40 Bluegrass Jubilee was designed to optimize the tight bass and clear trebles of the classic mahogany dreadnought. The scalloped braced red spruce top produces a dynamic range of tones, from warm and intimate to punchy and aggressive. Adored by flat pickers for its loud projection, tight mids and punch, yet delicate enough for finger style playing, the D-40 Bluegrass Jubilee is a great choice for a wide variety of different styles.
- Body Style Dreadnought
- Top Solid Red Spruce
- Bracing Guild Scalloped Red Spruce
- Back Solid Mahogany Back
- Sides Solid Mahogany Sides
- Bridge Indian Rosewood
- Neck 1-Piece Mahogany
- Fretboard Indian Rosewood (12" Radius)
- Width at Nut 1-11/16"
- No. of Frets 20
- Scale Length 25.5"
- Hardware Chrome
- Machine Heads Grover® Rotomatic™ Chrome Plated Die-cast Tuners
- Pickups D-TAR™ Wave-Length™ Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock™ Battery Access.
- The Wave-Length combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high input impedance preamp, to create a system with twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries and a voltage converter. With 18 volts, the signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily. The preamp also has an input for a second source, like a magnetic pickup or a soundboard transducer.
- Two adjustable trim pots, one for low frequency shelving and one for high frequency shelving, allow you to fine tune and "set and forget" the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length for your instrument's size and shape; enabling you transparently amplify the natural timbre of your acoustic guitar with minimal coloration. The soundhole mounted Volume and Tone controls give the ultimate in final control your tonal palette.
- But perhaps the coolest part of the system is D-TAR's new Load 'N Lock
- system, which allows quick and easy "AA" batteries changes. Just unscrew
- the endpin "collar," remove the old batteries, and pop in the new ones. A quarter turn of the collar is all you need to lock them in place.
- Controls Volume and Tone Controls Surface Mounted Inside the Soundhole,
- Two Adjustable Trim Pots in the Preamp, One Low Frequency Shelving and One High Frequency Shelving
- Pickup Switching N/A
- Finish High Gloss (Nitro-cellulose Lacquer)
- Colors (821) Natural,
- (837) Antique Burst
- Unique Features Dovetail Neck Joint,
- Red Spruce Scalloped Braced Top,
- Pearl Dot Position Inlays,
- Bone Bridge Pins,
- Bone Nut and Saddle,
- Tortiose Shell Bindings,
- Classic Guild Rosette,
- Tortoise Shell Pickguard
- Case Includes C4520 Deluxe Hardshell Case, p/n 3501075207
- Strings Replace with Guild L350 Phosphor Bronze, p/n 3500350000,
- Gauges .012, .016, .025, .032, .042, .053
- Introduced 7/2006
No upgrades available