Ibanez BTB747 Standard 7 String Bass, Natural Low Gloss
The Ibanez BTB747 7-string bass fits in perfectly with the rest of the acclaimed BTB series while adding even more sonic options. From its premium multi-layer tonewoods and comfortably contoured body to its top-shelf Bartolini pickups and hardware this BTB is superbly crafted. The 9-piece neck is flanked by mahogany and ash wings and then topped with walnut. The Bartolini BH2 pickups maintain a superb balance between the BTB747's clarity and depth. They provide complexity and warmth in the mids and low-end depth that won't wash out. Long-blade pole pieces allow these dual-coil pickups to offer hum-free single-coil-style character and consistency. When you want to sculpt your BTB747's tone, just reach for the 3-band EQ. This active equalizer delivers wide frequency-range adjustments on each band. There's also a 3-way midrange switch that lets you define your instrument's presence.
Generations of innovators and top-tier manufacturers have relied on neck-through designs for superior sustain. Pick up an Ibanez BTB747, and you'll experience everything neck-through construction has to offer. You can feel the BTB747 vibrate clear through its ultra-stable 9-piece maple, walnut, and rosewood neck. The extended sustain doesn't just add body to your tone; it also provides a greater tonal balance that you'll hear in every note you play.
- Neck: BTB7 9pc Maple/Rosewood/Walnut neck-through w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- Body: Walnut top/Ash/Mahogany wing body
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone dot inlay
- Frets: Medium Stainless Steel frets (+ zero fret)
- Number of frets: 24 (+ zero fret)
- Bridge: Mono-rail V bridge (15.5mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup: Bartolini® BH2 neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: Bartolini® BH2 bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equalizer: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/Mid frequency switch
- Factory tuning: 1F,2C,3G,4D,5A,6E,7B
- String gauge: 020p/.032/.045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- Hardware colour: Cosmo black
A great bass, fantastic quality and very reasonably priced.
I was excited to try out something a bit different and I wasn't disappointed. I've already got a very good ESP 6 string, and the BTB747 sits nicely with it in terms of tone and feel. I'm loving the 7th string, it's just so nice to have an unwound string that you can pop and slide when you need it, and it opens up a world of guitar range possibilities while giving me massive bass low end. Playing "Eruption" on a bass never sounded so good.
Still getting used to the extra strings but enjoying the bass immensely
The best bass that I've played in my life. Generally I don't like Ibanez as a lot of there guitars don't sit right with me. But this bass is so nice to play, and as I play 7 string guitars, having a 7 string bass unlocks a whole new unlocked door of wonder.