Boss GT-1000 Guitar/Bass Effects Processor Pedal
Boss GT-1000 Guitar/Bass Effects Processor Pedal
Here’s What Boss Say:
"The GT-1000 is the flagship guitar/bass multi-fx pedal available from Boss. It has our most powerful and realistic ‘feeling’ amp models/cab sims driven by AIRD technology (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics).
This sound engine behaves just like the amp you have selected, as everything from the input jack, preamp, poweramp and speaker has been meticulously modelled to react as if the physical amplifier was in the room with you. it lives and breathes just like a valve amp.
Multi-Dimensional Processing enables an effect to react differently on each individual string of your guitar/bass, allowing your playing style/instrument to shine through and change the way the effect behaves, making it far more expressive.
The quality of the effects section doesn’t stop there, as the GT-1000 also has all the iconic Boss pedals from the past 40+ years and all the industry-standard boosters, drives, modulation and time-based effects that are essential to every guitar/bass player.
When partnering the feel of AIRD, the power of MDP and the sheer variety of effects available, Boss has ensured that it is easy to navigate and control, thanks to the free to download Bluetooth Editor called Boss Tone Studio, compatible with your favourite Smart Device.
With BTS, you can fully control your guitar/bass sound and be your own sound engineer. Simply drag the in-built looper (38 seconds recording time) to the beginning of your effects chain, play your killer riff, then optimise your overall tone to a specific venue and save it as its own patch. If you regularly play at certain venues, you can then recall these saved patches via BTS, meaning less time in soundcheck!
Top all this off with the resolution of the GT-1000, it runs at 96K, meaning that whether you are playing live, in a studio or practising at home, you are hearing everything at double the resolution of a CD recording.
For users that want the amazing capabilities of the GT-1000 in a smaller size, check out the GT-1000core.
The Boss GT-1000 comes with a 2-year warranty when registering your product with Roland Backstage."
Overview By GAK
The GT-1000 Guitar/Bass Effects Processor Pedal is the flagship guitar/bass amp/effects processor from Boss, giving you outstanding sound quality.
The unit shows the first use of BOSS’ impressive AIRD (Augmented Impulse Responsive Dynamic) technology. Boss has meticulously modelled each individual component of the internal amp models, including the input stage, the preamp, the power amp and the speaker cab.
AIRD provides that unmistakable tube sound, but more importantly, it makes it ‘feel’ like you have the physical amp in the room with you. You are also able to use the IR Loader to use your own Impulse Responses, giving you all the options you need for your tone.
Multi-Dimensional Processing enables an effect to react differently on each individual string of your guitar/bass. This allows for your playing style/instrument to shine through and change the way each effect behaves, making it far more expressive.
This is perfect for players that use more than 6 strings on a guitar (or more than 4 strings on a bass), as typically the low end of extended stringed instruments get lost in the mix. MDP ensures that nothing gets too muddy or lost.
The GT-1000 also includes all the iconic Boss pedals from the past 40+ years, plus all the industry-standard boosters, drives, modulation and time-based effects that are essential to every guitar/bass player.
You can use the free to download Bluetooth Editor, called Boss Tone Studio to edit and control each microscopic detail on the GT-1000, plus it’s compatible with your favourite Smart Device.
TIP: Simply drag the in-built looper (38 seconds recording time) to the beginning of your effects chain, play your killer riff, then optimise your overall tone to a specific venue and save it as its own patch.
If you regularly play at certain venues, you can then recall these saved patches via BTS, meaning less time in soundcheck - and no arguments with grumpy sound engineers! There is even an inbuilt USB Audio/Midi interface allowing you to record and sync to a computer and your favourite DAW.
The GT-1000 has ten footswitches, an integrated expression pedal and six user-assignable knobs. Each individual parameter of the GT-1000 is completely user-assignable, meaning that you are in complete control of how the GT-1000 is set up. You can personalise the GT-1000, making it work in the way you want it to.
The sound engine is running at 96K resolution, meaning it is crystal clear and runs at double the resolution of a CD recording. The pedal is powered by a 32-bit floating-point processor, making the GT-1000 lightning fast to operate, plus all the patches have patch remain/carry over - the music never stops when you change patch!
In addition, the GT-1000 preserves the quality of your tone at the input stage, meaning before you have used any effects, it already sounds great. The same applies to the output stage, so whatever you do with the GT-1000, this bespoke Boss technology ensures you sound as pro as possible.
The GT-1000 has been regularly supported and updated since its release. Please check out the additional features that have been added from the most recent update.
For more patches and artist packs, check what is freely available for the GT-1000 here.
To transport the GT-1000, it fits perfectly in the CB-BME80.
- Flagship amp/effects processor with uncompromising sound quality and unmatched expressiveness
- Industry-leading 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout
- Next-generation BOSS DSP engine, custom designed specifically for music applications
- AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics) technology realizes BOSS’s acclaimed Tube Logic concept in a digital guitar processor, delivering natural feel and optimized integration with all types of external devices
- Highly expressive amplifiers, meticulously crafted with AIRD
- Massive selection of onboard effects, including BOSS MDP effects and algorithms directly ported from the DD-500, MD-500, and RV-500 pedals
- Amps and effects can be routed in numerous series and parallel combinations
- Ultra-fast patch switching and delay carryover
- Innovative Stompbox feature greatly simplifies using common effects settings in many different patches
- Easy operation with large display and six user-assignable switching knobs
- Ten footswitches and integrated expression pedal with user-configurable assignments and LED colors
- High-resolution tuner with two display modes and mono or polyphonic operation
- ¼-inch main outputs and XLR sub outputs with independent AIRD Output Select settings; loop for external stereo or mono effects
- Support for external control via footswitches, expression pedals, MIDI, and USB
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless editing via BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing
- Latest GT-1000 Update: Version 3.1 (March 2020)
- New FX Expansion mode provides four simultaneous FX blocks, up from three in normal mode (GT-1000 operation is mono when FX Expansion mode is selected)
- Distortion effect type now available in FX blocks, with identical parameters to those included in the dedicated DS1 and DS2 distortion blocks
- Ten input memories for saving optimized level settings for different guitars; input memories can be selected globally or stored with user patches
- Onboard user IR slots increased from 4 to 16
- New AIRD Output Select types for use with the Power Amp In feature on the Katana-50 MkII, Katana-100 MkII, and Katana-100/212 MkII amplifiers
- Version 3 Additions (April 2019)
- bass support and enhanced performance functionality
- Three AIRD bass preamps: NATURAL BASS, X-DRIVE BASS, and CONCERT
- Sixteen bass effects, including an MDP compressor, overdrives and distortions, touch wah, flanger, and more
- Manual and Pedalboard modes for direct-access control
- AIRD Output Select library additions: 11 guitar types and 2 bass types
- Version 2 Additions (January 2019)
- Four AIRD preamps: MATCH COMBO, BG COMBO, ORNG STACK, BGNR UB METAL
- Three overdrive/distortion types: CENTA OD, HM-2, METAL CORE
- Three Master Delay types: SPACE ECHO, TAPE ECHO PX, BIN DRUM ECHO
- Sampling Frequency - 96 kHz
- AD Conversion - 32 bits + AF method
- * AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
- DA Conversion - 32 bits
- Effects - 145 types
- Patches - 250 (User) + 250 (Preset)
- Phrase Loop
- - 38 sec. (MONO)
- - 19 sec. (STEREO)
- Tuner Internal Detection - +/-0.1 cent
- Nominal Input Level - INPUT: -10 dBu
- - RETURN1: -10 dBu
- - RETURN2: -10 dBuMaximum Input Level
- INPUT: +18 dBu
- - RETURN1: +8 dBu
- - RETURN2: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance
- - INPUT: 1 M ohm
- - RETURN1: 1 M ohm
- - RETURN2: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Leve
- - lMAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): -10 dBu
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R): +4 dBu
- - PHONES: -10 dBu
- - SEND1: -10 dBu
- - SEND2: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- - MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 1 k ohm
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R): 600 ohms
- - PHONES: 20 ohms
- - SEND1: 1 k ohm
- - SEND2: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance
- - MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 10 k ohms or greater
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R): 600 ohms or greater
- - PHONES: 44 ohms or greater
- - SEND1: 10 k ohms or greater
- - SEND2: 10 k ohms or greater
- - DOWN switch, UP switch CTL1--3 switches, 1--5 switches, POWER switch
- - EFFECT button, MENU button, EXIT button, WRITE button, PAGE button
- - 1--6 knobs, OUTPUT LEVEL knob
- - Expression pedal
- Display - Graphic LCD (512 x 160 dots, backlit LCD)
- - INPUT jack, MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks, SEND1 jack, RETURN1 jack, SEND2 jack, RETURN2 jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R) connectors: XLR type
- - PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - CTL4, 5/EXP2 jack, CTL6, 7/EXP3 jack, AMP CTL1, 2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - USB COMPUTER port: USB B type
- - DC IN jack
- - MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- Power Supply - AC adaptor (PSB-1U)
- Current Draw - 1.2 A
- - AC adaptor (PSB-1U + AC Cord Set)
- - Owner's manual
- - Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Options (sold separately)
- - Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
- - Expression Pedal: EV-30, FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5
- - AC adaptor (PSB-1U)
- * When purchasing an AC adaptor, be sure to specify the adaptor (from the list that follows) that is designed for the region in which it will be used, and the voltage supplied there. (PSB-120/PSB-120TW/PSB-230EU/PSB-230UK/PSB-240A)
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width 462 mm, 18-3/16 inches
- - Depth 248 mm, 9-13/16 inches
- - Height 70 mm, 2-13/16 inches
- - Maximum height 95 mm, 3-3/4 inches
- - Weight 3.6 kg, 7 lbs 15 oz
Just what I needed. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Still programming sounds but all good so far. Replacement for my gt6 which has gigged with me for 20 years.
The Boss GT 1000 is amazing. I am a tube amp player, but have had the previous Boss GT models, GT-8, GT-10, and GT-100. This new GT-1000 is amazing and is the closest amp modelling to have heard yet.
bril thanj you
Solid, versatile, multi functional professional piece of kit. After upgrading to the latest firmware I spent the last 5 days working out how everything works - the manuals are a bit threadbare (hence the 4 *) but Roland support was pretty quick and helpful and, if you can overlook the guitarist indulgences, there are a number of user YouTube tutorials to help. I can't vouch for all the sounds/effects as I haven't been through them all yet but there is a plethora of choices/combinations to suit almost everybody's needs. The Boss Tone Studio software also gives you access to quite a few professionally created patches. The only other downsize is the cost which is a bit of a hit for a hobbyist like myself (hence the 4 *).
No clicks when switching on or off, good layout