Boss GT-1000 Guitar/Bass Effects Processor Pedal
Boss GT-1000 Guitar/Bass Effects Processor Pedal
"The GT-1000 is the flagship guitar/bass multi-fx pedal available from Boss. It has our most powerful and realistic 'feeling' amp models/cab sims, which are driven by AIRD technology (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics). This sound engine behaves just like the amp you have selected, as everything from the input jack, preamp, poweramp and speaker has been meticulously modelled to react as if the physical amplifier was in the room with you. it lives and breathes just like a valve amp. It has has a massive selection of effects, including MDP technology, that features in the 500 Series and 200 Series compact pedals. Multi Dimensional Processing enables an effect to react differently on each individual string of your guitar/bass, allowing your playing style/instrument to shine through and change the way the effect behaves, making it far more expressive. The quality of the effects section doesn't stop there, as the GT-1000 also has all the iconic Boss pedals from the past 40+ years and all the industry-standard boosters, drives, modulation and time-based effects that are essential to every guitar/bass player. When partnering the feel of AIRD, the power of MDP and the sheer variety of effects available, Boss have ensured that it is easy to navigate and control, thanks to the free to download Bluetooth Editor called Boss Tone Studio, compatible with your favourite Smart Device. With BTS, you can be fully in control of your guitar/bass sound and can be your own sound engineer. Simply drag the in-built looper (38 seconds recording time) to the beginning of your effects chain, play your killer riff, then optimise your overall tone to a specific venue and save it as its own patch. If you regularly play at certain venues, you can then recall these saved patches via BTS, meaning less time in soundcheck! Top all this off with the resolution of the GT-1000, it runs at 96K, meaning that whether you are playing live, in a studio or practising at home, you are hearing everything at double the resolution of a CD recording. The Boss GT-1000 comes with a 3-year warranty when registering your product with Roland Backstage."
Overview By GAK
The GT-1000 Guitar/Bass Effects Processor Pedal is the flagship guitar/bass amp/effects processor from Boss, giving you outstanding sound quality.
The unit shows the first use of BOSS' impressive AIRD (Augmented Impulse Responsive Dynamic) technology, which has meticulously modelled each individual component of the chosen amp, from the input stage, the preamp, the poweramp and the speaker cab. It provides that unmistakable tube sound, but more importantly, it makes it 'feel' like you have the physical amp in the room with you. You are also able to use the IR Loader to use your own Impulse Responses, giving you all the options you need for your tone.
There's a massive selection of effects on the GT-1000, including BOSS' MDP effects, taken directly from the 500 Series and 200 Series pedals. Multi Dimensional Processing enables an effect to react differently on each individual string of your guitar/bass, allowing your playing style/instrument to shine through and change the way the effect behaves, making it far more expressive. This is perfect for players that use more than 6 strings on a guitar or 4 strings on a bass, as typically the low end of extended stringed instruments get lost in the mix. MDP ensures that nothing gets too muddy or lost. It also has all the iconic Boss pedals from the past 40+ years and all the industry-standard boosters, drives, modulation and time-based effects that are essential to every guitar/bass player.
You can use the free to download Bluetooth Editor, called Boss Tone Studio to edit and control each microscopic detail on the GT-1000, plus it's compatible with your favourite Smart Device. Simply drag the in-built looper (38 seconds recording time) to the begining of your effects chain, play your killer riff, then optimise your overall tone to a specific venue and save it as its own patch. If you regularly play at certain venues, you can then recall these saved patches via BTS, meaning less time in soundcheck and no arguments with grumpy sound engineers! There is also an inbuilt USB Audio/Midi interface allowing you to record and sync to a computer and your favourite DAW.
The GT-1000 has ten footswitches, an integrated expression pedal and six user-assignable knobs. Each individual parameter of the GT-1000 is completely user-assignable, meaning that you are in complete control of how the GT-1000 is setup. You can personalise the GT-1000, making it work in the way you want it to.
The sound engine is ran at 96K resolution, meaning it is crystal clear and runs at double the resolution of a CD recording. The pedal is powered by a 32-bit floating-point processor, making the GT-1000 lightening fast to operate, plus all the patches have patch remain/carry over, so the music never stops when you change patch. Furthermore, it preserves the quality of your tone at the input stage, meaning before you have used any effects within the GT-1000, it already sounds great. The same then applies to the output stage, so whatever you do with the GT-1000, this bespoke Boss technology is ensuring you sound as pro as possible.
The GT-1000 has been regularly supported and updated since it's release. Please check out the additional features that have been added from the most recent update, here.
For more patches and artist packs, check what is freely available for the GT-1000 here.
To transport the GT-1000, it fits perfectly in the CB-BME80.
Designed for Unparalleled Sound Quality
The GT-1000 is BOSS’s most advanced amp/effects processor to date, built for no-compromise audio performance. To start, it’s the first-ever guitar multi-effects unit with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout. There’s an all-new DSP engine as well, specially designed for music applications and featuring over three times the power of previous generations.
This immense processing muscle unlocks far greater sonic detail than ever before possible, making it quick and easy to get the sounds you’re after without endless parameter tweaks and microscopic EQ adjustments. If you’ve shied away from other amp/effects processors because they’re hard to dial in and missing that “real deal” vibe, the GT-1000 is sure to change your mind.
AIRD: A Revolution in Digital Amp Processing
At its core, the GT-1000 harnesses BOSS’s breakthrough AIRD technology for previously unattained musical power. Based on the comprehensive Tube Logic concept behind the renowned Katana, Waza, and Blues Cube amplifiers, AIRD takes the amp processor to a new level of performance, flexibility, and practical usability.
The tube amplifiers that guitarists love are interactive, highly expressive musical instruments that are far more than the sum of their individual components. The Tube Logic design philosophy fully realizes this interactive experience, and it’s been hugely successful in the self-contained guitar amps where it’s been employed. However, bringing this approach to a guitar processor like the GT-1000 introduces many challenges, because players will use it with a variety of external amplification systems that add their own characteristics to the sound. BOSS developed AIRD to address these challenges, employing sophisticated techniques to ensure that the GT-1000’s groundbreaking musical response can be consistently experienced with any rig.
Highly Musical Guitar Amplifiers, Crafted with AIRD
The GT-1000 is loaded with immensely expressive guitar amplifiers, all meticulously crafted with AIRD. In contrast to traditional modelling methods, AIRD reproduces the complex internal component interactions of tube amps in every way, from guitar input to speaker output and everything in-between. The result is a complete interactive system that’s a living, breathing instrument, just like your favourite high-end tube amp.
A key focus of AIRD is the reactive amp/speaker relationship, which is essential to the dynamic feel and musical responsiveness of tube amplifiers. This vital relationship is fully brought to life with the GT-1000’s amps, producing guitar tones that are alive with punch, presence, and depth. Thanks to AIRD, your sound always feels great under your fingers and “sits in the mix” properly, delivering a truly organic musical experience that’s never been available from a digital guitar processor until now.
The GT-1000 features a wide range of BOSS original amplifiers suitable for all guitar styles, from super-clean to ultra-heavy. A number of amp types employ Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) technology for a dynamic, nuanced tone that reaches beyond the capabilities of analog designs. Classic tube amps throughout history are included as well, from coveted vintage combos to modern high-gain heads. Two amps can be used at once in a single patch, so you’re able to switch between two sounds, blend amps for complex tones, or achieve big, expansive sound in stereo setups.
Optimized Performance for Every Playing Application
AIRD enables the GT-1000 to smoothly flow into any creative setup, allowing you to enjoy great tone and response with minimal adjustments. By choosing from a large selection of AIRD Output Select types, you can perfectly tailor the GT-1000 for any destination, whether it’s a guitar amp input, amp effects return, a power amp driving guitar speakers or a full-range monitoring system. There are built-in AIRD Output Select types for a wide variety of amps, plus two user locations for loading additional selections from the GT-1000 AIRD Output Select Library software.
AIRD is fully integrated into the GT-1000’s amplifiers at every level, so you’ll always experience their authentic sound and interactive response with any setup. And with the ability to apply different AIRD Output Select settings to the main and sub outputs, you can optimize the sound for two destinations at once, such as a guitar amp input and a direct feed to a house PA. The GT-1000's outputs also include independent ground lift functions, making it easy to tackle any hum issues that might be introduced with external devices.
As you’d expect from a flagship BOSS processor, the GT-1000 is loaded with all types of effects, from overdrives and distortions to speciality effects like Slicer, Slow Gear, and a host of others. Many selections harness BOSS’s MDP tech, which intelligently adapts to your dynamics and playing register to achieve the perfect sound. Advanced algorithms from the renowned DD-500 Digital Delay, MD-500 Modulation, and RV-500 Reverb pedals are included too, along with sophisticated Acoustic Resonance processing inherited from the AD-10 pedal for acoustic/electric guitar.
Amps and effects can be configured with various series and parallel routing options, and signal paths can be divided and mixed at multiple points. Patch switching is ultra-fast thanks to the GT-1000’s speedy DSP, and delay carryover is also possible. There are two effects loops as well, allowing you to connect your favourite external effects and preamps.
The New Bass Multi-Effects Flagship
BOSS’s powerful GT-10B was a longtime favourite of creative bassists, providing top-flight amps, effects, and DI capabilities in one convenient floorboard. Now, the GT-1000 takes bass processing to new heights with next-generation sound quality, ultra-flexible performance features, and even more compact size. Three AIRD bass preamps are provided for shaping your core tone, while eight different overdrive/distortion effects are available for additional color and gain. There’s an MDP bass compressor as well, plus chorus, flanger, touch wah, and many other effect types specially tuned for bass.
Streamlined Design, Ready to Travel
In today’s music world, players need to travel as light as possible, and BOSS designed the GT-1000 for maximum control in a minimum amount of space. In comparison to other processors in its class, it offers a compact, streamlined design that’s easy to carry and set up. The metal chassis is both strong and light and features an array of freely assignable footswitches and an integrated expression pedal. Newly developed specifically for the GT-1000, the low-profile footswitches reduce size and weight while maintaining the rugged durability that all BOSS gear is famous for.
With the GT-1000’s large display and six switching knobs, the process of creating and adjusting sounds is smooth and efficient. Four different Play screen layouts provide alternate viewing options for various patch functions, and you can customize the knobs for quick access to specific parameters. While editing, the signal chain is clearly displayed, and it’s simple to select effects blocks, adjust parameters, and change the order. The available parameters for selected effects can be displayed in layers, letting you see everything at once on-screen.
An innovative new workflow feature in the GT-1000 is the ability to save any effect as a “Stompbox.” Parameter adjustments to a Stompbox are reflected in all patches where it’s used, basically mimicking the way you’d use physical pedals. This is ideal for effects where you use the same settings most of the time, but just need to make small adjustments occasionally. Now, you can make those changes quickly across multiple patches, eliminating the hassle of tweaking and saving each patch separately.
Intensive Performance Control
With its ten footswitches and expression pedal with toe switch, the GT-1000 gives you comprehensive creative control on stage and in the studio. And if you’re a power user, there’s support for additional control via external switches, pedals, MIDI, and USB. By default, the main footswitches are assigned to select patches, patch banks, and three control assignments. But you can reassign the switches to control nearly any function. Using the GT-1000’s switching knobs and powerful Assign Matrix, control assignments are quick and intuitive. It’s also possible to assign different colours to the status LEDs above the switches and easily view the current switch assignments with a Play screen option.
Manual and Pedalboard Modes for a Stompbox-Style Experience
While all of the GT-1000’s footswitches are freely assignable per patch, there might be times when you need even more control. Manual mode allows you to set up on/off access to any amp or effect on a secondary layer, which you can toggle between with a footswitch assignment. The all-new Pedalboard mode takes an even more direct approach for players wanting a traditional stomp experience, providing a dynamic effects layout that’s outside the normal patch structure and always ready to go when needed. What’s more, all footswitch modes now provide top-level access to function assignment and parameter control for assigned effects, letting you make tweaks on the fly with no deep menu diving.
USB Audio/MIDI and Wireless Editing via Bluetooth
The GT-1000’s well-organized panel interface is a breeze to navigate, but things get even easier with your smartphone or tablet. The GT-1000 is equipped with onboard Bluetooth—a first for a pro-level amp/effects processor—allowing you to wirelessly manage sounds from the dedicated BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android. Whether at home, in rehearsal, or on stage, you can comfortably tweak the GT-1000 from your device without having to bend over and edit via the hardware. It’s even possible to record a riff with the GT-1000’s built-in looper, and then roam the venue and adjust tones from the audience position!
The GT-1000 includes a USB audio/MIDI interface as well, with a multi-channel audio operation for flexible computer recording and efficient re-amping. A Recording mode allows you to choose from a variety of built-in speaker and microphone types, and it’s also possible to import WAV-format speaker impulse responses with the GT-1000 IR Loader software. USB can also be used to edit and organize sounds with the desktop version of the BOSS Tone Studio editor for Mac and Windows.
- Flagship amp/effects processor with uncompromising sound quality and unmatched expressiveness
- Industry-leading 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout
- Next-generation BOSS DSP engine, custom designed specifically for music applications
- AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics) technology realizes BOSS’s acclaimed Tube Logic concept in a digital guitar processor, delivering natural feel and optimized integration with all types of external devices
- Highly expressive amplifiers, meticulously crafted with AIRD
- Massive selection of onboard effects, including BOSS MDP effects and algorithms directly ported from the DD-500, MD-500, and RV-500 pedals
- Amps and effects can be routed in numerous series and parallel combinations
- Ultra-fast patch switching and delay carryover
- Innovative Stompbox feature greatly simplifies using common effects settings in many different patches
- Easy operation with large display and six user-assignable switching knobs
- Ten footswitches and integrated expression pedal with user-configurable assignments and LED colors
- High-resolution tuner with two display modes and mono or polyphonic operation
- ¼-inch main outputs and XLR sub outputs with independent AIRD Output Select settings; loop for external stereo or mono effects
- Support for external control via footswitches, expression pedals, MIDI, and USB
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless editing via BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing
- Latest GT-1000 Update: Version 3.1 (March 2020)
- New FX Expansion mode provides four simultaneous FX blocks, up from three in normal mode (GT-1000 operation is mono when FX Expansion mode is selected)
- Distortion effect type now available in FX blocks, with identical parameters to those included in the dedicated DS1 and DS2 distortion blocks
- Ten input memories for saving optimized level settings for different guitars; input memories can be selected globally or stored with user patches
- Onboard user IR slots increased from 4 to 16
- New AIRD Output Select types for use with the Power Amp In feature on the Katana-50 MkII, Katana-100 MkII, and Katana-100/212 MkII amplifiers
- Version 3 Additions (April 2019)
- bass support and enhanced performance functionality
- Three AIRD bass preamps: NATURAL BASS, X-DRIVE BASS, and CONCERT
- Sixteen bass effects, including an MDP compressor, overdrives and distortions, touch wah, flanger, and more
- Manual and Pedalboard modes for direct-access control
- AIRD Output Select library additions: 11 guitar types and 2 bass types
- Version 2 Additions (January 2019)
- Four AIRD preamps: MATCH COMBO, BG COMBO, ORNG STACK, BGNR UB METAL
- Three overdrive/distortion types: CENTA OD, HM-2, METAL CORE
- Three Master Delay types: SPACE ECHO, TAPE ECHO PX, BIN DRUM ECHO
- Sampling Frequency - 96 kHz
- AD Conversion - 32 bits + AF method
- * AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
- DA Conversion - 32 bits
- Effects - 145 types
- Patches - 250 (User) + 250 (Preset)
- Phrase Loop
- - 38 sec. (MONO)
- - 19 sec. (STEREO)
- Tuner Internal Detection - +/-0.1 cent
- Nominal Input Level - INPUT: -10 dBu
- - RETURN1: -10 dBu
- - RETURN2: -10 dBuMaximum Input Level
- INPUT: +18 dBu
- - RETURN1: +8 dBu
- - RETURN2: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance
- - INPUT: 1 M ohm
- - RETURN1: 1 M ohm
- - RETURN2: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Leve
- - lMAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): -10 dBu
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R): +4 dBu
- - PHONES: -10 dBu
- - SEND1: -10 dBu
- - SEND2: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- - MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 1 k ohm
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R): 600 ohms
- - PHONES: 20 ohms
- - SEND1: 1 k ohm
- - SEND2: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance
- - MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 10 k ohms or greater
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R): 600 ohms or greater
- - PHONES: 44 ohms or greater
- - SEND1: 10 k ohms or greater
- - SEND2: 10 k ohms or greater
- - DOWN switch, UP switch CTL1--3 switches, 1--5 switches, POWER switch
- - EFFECT button, MENU button, EXIT button, WRITE button, PAGE button
- - 1--6 knobs, OUTPUT LEVEL knob
- - Expression pedal
- Display - Graphic LCD (512 x 160 dots, backlit LCD)
- - INPUT jack, MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks, SEND1 jack, RETURN1 jack, SEND2 jack, RETURN2 jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- - SUB OUTPUT (L, R) connectors: XLR type
- - PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- - CTL4, 5/EXP2 jack, CTL6, 7/EXP3 jack, AMP CTL1, 2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- - USB COMPUTER port: USB B type
- - DC IN jack
- - MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- Power Supply - AC adaptor (PSB-1U)
- Current Draw - 1.2 A
- - AC adaptor (PSB-1U + AC Cord Set)
- - Owner's manual
- - Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Options (sold separately)
- - Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
- - Expression Pedal: EV-30, FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5
- - AC adaptor (PSB-1U)
- * When purchasing an AC adaptor, be sure to specify the adaptor (from the list that follows) that is designed for the region in which it will be used, and the voltage supplied there. (PSB-120/PSB-120TW/PSB-230EU/PSB-230UK/PSB-240A)
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- - Width 462 mm, 18-3/16 inches
- - Depth 248 mm, 9-13/16 inches
- - Height 70 mm, 2-13/16 inches
- - Maximum height 95 mm, 3-3/4 inches
- - Weight 3.6 kg, 7 lbs 15 oz
bril thanj you
Solid, versatile, multi functional professional piece of kit. After upgrading to the latest firmware I spent the last 5 days working out how everything works - the manuals are a bit threadbare (hence the 4 *) but Roland support was pretty quick and helpful and, if you can overlook the guitarist indulgences, there are a number of user YouTube tutorials to help. I can't vouch for all the sounds/effects as I haven't been through them all yet but there is a plethora of choices/combinations to suit almost everybody's needs. The Boss Tone Studio software also gives you access to quite a few professionally created patches. The only other downsize is the cost which is a bit of a hit for a hobbyist like myself (hence the 4 *).
No clicks when switching on or off, good layout
Couldn't get the drivers to install on windows 10 so I most likely not use the effects pedal much if I cant get it do what I bought it for it's a waste of money. The Boss GT 10 has more varied sound effects.