Line 6 Helix Rack Guitar Processor
Line 6 Helix Rack Guitar Effects Processor Overview By GAK.
The Line 6 Helix Rack would be a great choice if you're looking for a powerful guitar effects processor for either stage or studio. With tonnes of routing capabilities, the Line 6 Helix Rack would be a superb addition to your current effects pedal set up. Utilising unbelievable new HX modelling, you are now able to manipulate the sound of simulated cabs, mics, amps and effects with superb accuracy.
The Line 6 Helix Rack boasts an array of new guitar technology easily accessible from the large, 6.2 inch 800x480 pixel LCD screen, providing you with unparalleled hands-on control of the wide array of onboard parameters. You can also edit on the go with the Helix foot controller. The Helix's dual DSP engine recreates tube amplifiers so accurately, that you are even able to manipulate factors like power supply ripple, tube sage and control of B+ voltage!
Line 6 Product Overview
Authentic Tone - When it comes down to authentic sound and feel, Helix represents a giant leap forward for guitar technology. The dual-DSP engine provides massive power to accurately recreate the dynamic feel of tube amplifiers, not just their sonic fingerprint. Helix 2.0 firmware includes five new amp models based on the legendary Mesa/Boogie® Mk IV and Marshall® JCM® 800, as well as new distortion, EQ, modulation and delay effects.
*Mesa/Boogie is a registered trademark of Mesa/Boogie, Ltd. Marshal and JCM are registered trademarks of Marshall Amplification Plc.
The new HX Hybrid cabs represent a new approach to the speaker cabinet capture process. Not only do they provide the resolution of a 2048-point Impulse Response at lower DSP usage, they also provide a far more accurate low-end response than previously possible, as the proximity effect of the microphone is accurately captured at 12 different distances. Helix also lets you load custom impulse responses, allowing you to personalize your rig setup even further.
Each stage of an amp’s circuit has been measured and matched back to the
Massive power traditionally comes with a steep learning curve, but Helix challenges that way of thinking. Touch-sensitive footswitches allow you to select an effect block or
PEDAL EDIT MODE
Helix was designed to allow guitarists to interact with technology in ways that are more intuitive, making the creation of tones easier. This means that—for the very first time—you won’t have to stop playing to tweak a knob. With Pedal Edit Mode, you can edit any amp or effect parameter you like using your foot: simply select the block that you want to tweak, and its parameters spill out onto the footswitches. Select a parameter, and tweak the value using the expression pedal.
CAPACITIVE TOUCH FOOTSWITCHES
Helix is the fastest tone creator of its kind, giving you the ability to touch a footswitch and quickly tweak parameters or easily assign or learn controllers. Instantly jump to any block simply by touching the associated footswitch. It’s so fast you can comfortably assign any item to a switch in 3 seconds.
FOUR STEREO SIGNAL PATHS
With FOUR stereo signal paths per preset, Helix allows you to design complex routing scenarios. Creating variations on 4-cable method and wet-dry-wet routing schemes is as easy as selecting a template preset, and using the onboard effects models in conjunction with the 4 freely-assignable effects loops means that the tonal possibilities are truly huge.
INSTANTLY RECALL YOUR TONES
The new Snapshots performance feature in Helix 2.0 firmware enables you to instantly recall, switch, and control selected elements of your tone within individual presets. Snapshots can act as eight variations of the same tone, eight drastically different tones, or any combination thereof—all within the same preset.
- Dual DSP-powered HX modeling engine with 4 discrete stereo signal paths, 45 amps, 30 cabs, 16 mics and 70 effects
- Imports 3rd party 1024/2048 cab IR's (impulse responses)
- Large 6.2 inch 800x480-pixel LCD display
- Extensive I/O for seamless integration with your entire rig - 10 inputs 12 outputs (including four fx loops), plus 8-in/8-out USB audio interface
- Up to 3 expression pedals, expression toe switch input, CV/Expression out, external amp switching and deep MIDI control
- AES/EBU and SPDIF digital I/O with Wordclock sync
- Industry-leading 123dB of dynamic range on the guitar input, for tremendous depth and ultra-low noise
- Tour Grade construction - 3RU rack enclosure with optional foot-based controller
- THE CENTER OF YOUR RIG:
- -As the most advanced guitar processor ever made, Helix can become the nerve center for your entire studio or touring rig . Easily integrate traditional effects pedals and other hardware into your environment, creating a seamless hybrid rig that incorporates the best of what software and hardware have to offer.
- FLEXIBLE AUDIO ROUTING:
- -Helix has the most flexible audio routing ever seen on a guitar processor. Use the four effects loops to connect four separate pedal chains, or split them up and use them as freely-assignable inputs and outputs. In combination with four discrete signal paths, this means that you can process multiple instruments at once, send wet and dry signals to different places, and create large integrated systems that take advantage of both digital and analog I/O at the same time.
- POWERFUL MASTER CONTROLLER:
- -When you need to incorporate external devices via MIDI, Helix offers more flexibility than any multi-effect ever. In addition to powerful real time MIDI control, Helix can send up to six separate commands at patch recall that aren’t assigned to a footswitch, which means you can change a patch on a synth, start a sequencer, and turn up a fader on an external digital mixer, all with one press of a footswitch. Add two additional expression pedal inputs, CV/Expression out, and external amp switching, and Helix can be the command center for any size rig.
- VARIAX CONTROL ENHANCEMENTS:
- -Helix 2.0 firmware features new Variax® control enhancements that open up new performance possibilities. Toggle between two guitar models with a footswitch, control the Variax tone knob with an expression pedal, assign a momentary footswitch to drop D, and more.
- AS EASY TO USE AS HELIX:
- -Helix Edit features the same accessible and intuitive user interface as Helix itself, so there’s no need to learn a new workflow. Reorganize your patch list, rename patches, edit tones, and customize footswitch labels quickly and efficiently. Drag and drop amps, cabs, and effects to build complex signal chains with ease. And adjust settings and parameters using dedicated sliders and knobs.
- COMPUTER-BASED EDITING:
- -Helix Edit software provides a convenient way to edit tones on your computer. Stay focused on your creative work when you’re recording with a DAW—Helix Edit is available when you need it. Simply leave Helix on the floor or in the rack and keep working at your computer. You’ll also have the advantage of viewing complex patches and intricate signal paths on your large computer screen.
- SEE EVERY DETAIL:
- -Helix Edit lets you visualize every detail of your tone editing workflow on your computer. See a comprehensive visual overview of your tones and settings in the Main Editor panel. Quickly browse banks, presets and impulse responses in the Librarian panel. Easily dial in the perfect live sound with the Global EQ panel. And quickly assign commands for your external gear in the Command Center panel.