Line 6 Helix Floor Guitar Processor Pedal
The Line 6 Helix Guitar Processor is the FLAGSHIP processor in the Helix series, the Helix is an absolute powerhouse of a processor, with Dual-DSP HX Modeling, 62 Amps, 37 Cabs, 16 Microphones and 104 effects to experiment with. The result is unparalleled flexibility and control for creating the perfect tone.
Firstly, the Helix is extremely intuitive and user-friendly thanks to its layout and smart onboard navigation system. The Helix has a combination of touch-sensitive footswitches, customisable backlit scribble strips, coloured LED rings and a massive 6.2-inch, 800x480-pixel LCD screen. Navigation, assignment and signal path customisation on the Helix is therefore made easy, fast and supremely satisfying.
With the Helix, you get a truly authentic tone, Dual-DSPs help power the processor to accurately replicate the full dynamic responses of both classic and modern amplifiers and effects. Through fine attention to detail from Line 6, the Helix accurately emulates amplifiers circuitry right the way down to the influence of individual tube sag, power supply ripple and even control over B+ voltages. The result is an unmistakably Analog sound seldom obtainable from processors in the same price range. Every amp model, cabinet, effect and pedal sound and feel truly authentic.
The effects modelling on the Helix also has an unprecedented level of accuracy and authenticity thanks to HX Modelling. Through a
The Helix boasts four stereo signal paths per preset, giving you the flexibility to create detailed routing scenarios using multiple effects and blocks routed in any number of ways. Furthermore, the Helix has a large number of rear-facing
The Helix can integrate MIDI devices and interact with them through real-time MIDI control. With the Helix, you can operate and interact with multiple MIDI sources right from the foot pedals and switches, from triggering drum machines to switching up sounds on a synthesizer. Whilst on stage the Helix also allows you to edit elements of your setup 'hands-free' using three expression pedal inputs and the 12 onboard footswitches, perfect for a guitarist or keys player who integrates numerous elements into their setup.
Finally, the included Helix Edit Software is built from the same user interface found on the Helix floor and rack processors, via your computer you can drag and drop elements to build and customise your signal chains whilst also adjusting settings and parameters. If you happen to be on the move away from your equipment and come up with an idea on the spot for a new sound, the editing software allows you to capture that inspiration and then transfer it to the processor when you next practice and perform. The Helix has also seen a recent firmware update in the form of 2.21. This sees the Helix kitted with a collection of new models and features such as 'Variax Control'.
- Dual DSP-powered HX modeling engine with 4 discrete stereo signal paths, 45 amps, 30 cabs, 16 mics and 70 effects
- Imports 3rd party 1024/2048 cab IR's (impulse responses)
- 12 capacitive-sensing footswitches and customizable scribble strips-touch to edit, hold to assign, press to engage
- Hands-free Pedal Edit mode lays out effect parameters across switches and expression pedal
- Near-instant footswitch and controller assignment
- Up to 3 expression pedals, CV/Expression out, external amp switching and deep MIDI control
- Extensive I/O for seamless integration with your entire rig - 10 inputs 12 outputs (including four fx loops), plus 8-in/8-out USB audio interface
- AES/EBU, SPDIF and VDI interfaces
- Industry-leading 123dB of dynamic range on the guitar input, for tremendous depth and ultra-low noise
- Tour Grade construction