Jackson X Series Spectra Bass SBXP IV, Desert Sand
With modern style, flexible tone and incomparable value, the Jackson® X Series Spectra Bass SBXP IV takes the adventurous player on a bold bass odyssey, launching a commanding all-new entry in Jackson’s formidable neck-through-body bass lineup.
The offset Spectra Bass body style was innovatively designed with the gigging musician in mind. Its poplar body with distinct poplar burl top has a larger upper horn that evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument for perfect balance and playing comfort. The graphite-reinforced through-body maple neck with scarf joint creates formidable sustain, with a speed neck contour, 12"-16" compound radius bound laurel fingerboard and 24 frets for superior playability.
The SBXP IV provides a full-sonic spectrum for even the most versatile and progressive bassists. Dual passive medium-output humbucking pickups create a dynamic foundation with punch, power and note articulation. Wide-ranging tonal command comes from a two-way toggle switch for pickup coil splitting, three-band active EQ, three-way toggle variable switch, blend control and volume control with push/pull selector to bypass or engage active circuit for the 3-band EQ. The push/pull selector eliminates the risk of losing sound due to a dead battery. A quick pull on the volume knob bypasses the active circuit, making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power.
This four-string bass also features a HiMass™ hardtail bridge that enhances sustain and improves note attack.
Budget friendly and loaded with value, the X Series Spectra Bass SBXP IV comes in standout Desert Sand with a unique 2x2 color matched headstock with understated “J” logo and black hardware.
- Body Shape:Spectra
- Body Material:Poplar
- Body Top:Poplar Burl
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Construction:Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish:Gloss Color Matched
- Fingerboard:Laurel, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets:24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays:White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width):Black Plastic, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Headstock:Unique Jackson® 2x2
- Tuning Machines:Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length:34” (86.36 cm)
- Truss Rod:Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge:Jackson HiMass™
- Pickups:Jackson® Medium-Output Humbucking (Bridge & Neck)
- Special Electronics:3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Pickup Switching:2-Way Toggle Switch (Pickup Coil Split)
- Controls:Volume (Push/Pull Selector for Active/Passive Options), Blend, 3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Control Knobs:Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish:Black
- Strings:Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag:Optional Jackson® Hardshell Gig Bag (p/n 2994722100)