Korg Kross 88 Music Workstation Black
Korg Kross 88 Black Product Overview by GAK
The Korg Kross 88 is a professional mobile music workstation with 88 keys and a number of impressive features. This stylish synthesizer from Korg was designed for portability, with the ability to run on 6 x AA batteries you can take the Kross 88 wherever you go be it the stage, the studio, or the streets. The Korg Kross 88 features a microphone input and also built-in recorder making it not only portable, but easy and convenient too. The Korg Kross 88 is ideal for the music producer on-the-move.
In spite of being packed with functionality, the KROSS is lightweight and highly portable. The 61-key model with its distinctive rear bar is amazingly light; at only 4.3 kg/9.5 lb, it's the most portable in its category. The 88-key model packs a piano-touch hammer action keyboard into a mere 12.4 kg/27.3 lbs. Both models are highly portable and lightweight, and can operate on an AC adapter or on six AA alkaline or nickel-metal hydride batteries.
The creative colour and design will project a powerful presence whether you're performing on stage or anywhere else. The top panel as seen by the player is a sleek black color, while the rear and side panels visible by the audience use a bold, red colour scheme. The two models feature different design concepts; the 61-key model is designed for active mobile use, while the 88-key model has a sophisticated design that looks great on stage.
Top professional musicians around the world use Korg synthesizers. The piano, electric piano, and drum sounds of the KROSS have been taken from the flagship instruments used by these pros, giving the KROSS a set of sounds that surpasses other instruments in its class.
The grand piano features lavishly-sampled decays with three levels of velocity as well as reproducing the noises produced by the damper pedal, ensuring that every nuance of your performance is reflected in the sound. Also included are an upright piano (unusual for a PCM synth), as well as distinctive sounds from Korg's famed SG-1D Sampling Grand and M1 Music Workstation. The five classic electric piano sounds are just as expressive as the acoustic piano sounds; they also include effect settings, giving you a complete package of the performance-ready sounds that you want. In addition, careful attention has been paid to the drum sounds that are indispensable for song production on a workstation, making them realistic and fresh.
- Stylish and distinctive red and black two-tone color design
- The lightweight body is only 4.3 kg/9.5 lbs (61-key model) or 12.4 kg/27.3 lbs (88-key model), and can be powered by 6x AA batteries
- Piano, electric piano, and drum sounds that exceed its class
- A wide variety of sounds that utilize twice as much PCM memory as previous instruments, and meet the needs of a broad range of musical styles
- Sound Selector makes it easy to find the sound you're looking for
- Favorites function lets you register 64 selected sounds or audio songs for one-touch access - a great feature for live performances
- Pro-quality EDS-i sound engine built-in, with a total of seven effects available for simultaneous use
- External input jacks allow a mic or external audio source to be directly connected.
- Quick Layer/Split function for on-the-fly versatility
- Stereo audio recorder allows you to record and overdub your performances and vocals
- Step sequencer inherited from the Electribe, a 16-track MIDI sequencer, a drum track, and an arpeggiator
- Connects to your computer via USB for plug-in integration with your favorite DAW