Korg SV2-73 Stage Piano
Korg SV2-73 Stage Piano
The Evolution of a Modern Classic
More. More. More. The SV-2 contains over ten times the sample data available in previous SV models, providing ample memory for many all-new piano and keyboard sounds. The SV-2 is home to 72 compelling sounds, and provides 64 memory locations to store edited Favourites for instant access during performance. Using the SV-2 Editor software, users are now free to create their own split and layered programs and save them to one of the Favourites locations. In fact, a single favourite can access up to three timbres at once – A piano/bass split with a layer of strings, for example. While user splits must be created using the SV-2 Editor, the split point on the keyboard can be adjusted directly from the front panel. Plus, polyphony of the SV-2 now stands at 128 voices, allowing more effective layering of sounds or
Coveted Classics Experience a treasure trove of classic electro-mechanical, transistorised, tape-driven, analog, and digital keyboard instruments, all reproduced with stunning realism. These sounds defined decades of popular music, and are now once again in demand. The SV-2 places all of these sought-after sounds right at the fingertips – in perfect tune and in impeccable playing condition – no maintenance required. It’s all here. Electric pianos now include nearly all the American tine and reed models, a Japanese electric grand, as well as a rare German electric piano. And then there all those clavis, created using a range of settings. Prefer electronic pianos? There are analog, digital, VPM, FM, and sampled versions – including the ever-popular KORG M1 piano. Looking for Organs? Select from tone-wheel classics; VOX combo, Italian transistor, or American tube organs; and now church and cathedral organs. Need some strings? Choose from a 70s-era analog string machine, prog-era tape strings, or a warm orchestral section. Plus, the SV-2 contains mallets, brass and choir sounds, guitar and bass sounds, even solo and pad synths that are ideal for layering or creating convenient splits.
Plenty of Pianos The SV-2 remains, at heart, a stage piano. At the touch of a button, you can summon the most outstanding grand piano sounds from around the world – including exemplary pianos from the leading German, Italian, Austrian, and Japanese instrument makers. For a more intimate setting, choose one of the authentic Japanese or German upright pianos. Also included are a real honky-tonk piano and a genuine “tack” piano. Last but not least, the SV-2 contains two gorgeous harpsichords, one French and one Italian. Featured alone, layered with another sound, or split across the keyboard, these outstanding piano sounds deliver a strong foundation while delivering additional performance options.
- The SV-2 invites you to take command of your sound. There is no LCD screen, no menus to dive through. Instantly inviting and familiar, the front panel is always live, so go ahead – grab a knob, rotate it, tweak it, and experiment. Change your mind? Pressing in on the knob quickly restores it to the programmed value. Switches with LED indicators show which effects are active, transposition, and more. Sounds are selected through a pair of rotary switches. Eight illuminated buttons in the center of the panel can quickly recall any of 64 Favorite presets, each containing your own customized sounds and settings. Best of all, the SV-2 now offers a Panel Lock function that prevents the accidental switching of sounds if the Favorites buttons are inadvertently touched while performing – and also prevents curious fingers from switching settings between sets. More detailed and convenient control is offered via the free SV-2 Editor software.
- All SV-2 Stage Vintage instruments share the finest KORG RH3 graded-hammer action keybed. As on a grand piano, the weighting of the keys is graduated across the keyboard; heavier in the lower registers and becoming lighter in the upper registers. This RH3 keybed is remarkably sensitive to the nuances of every performance, accurately delivering every expressive element. Selecting one of the eight distinct velocity curves allow the keyboard response to match any playing technique of performance style. Authentic to the end, the SV-2 offers eight tuning schemes including equal, grand piano stretch, electric piano stretch, electric grand, upright stretch, detuned and two userdefinable types (configurable using the free SV-2 Editor). The overall tuning, or concert pitch, of the SV-2 can be adjusted to match another instrument or a previously recorded track. Needless to say, the SV-2 can be transposed into any key.
- Adding the right effects provides layers of sonic splendor and adds a crowning level of authority to any vintage keyboard sound. The SV-2 features six independent stages of studio-grade signal processing, highlighted by the KORG Valve Reactor. This Valve Reactor circuit delivers the added warmth or snarl that only a true 12AX7A vacuum tube can provide. As with the sounds themselves, all of the effect models are faithful to the originals, and are designed to match the performance, limitations, and behavior of the chosen effect. Effect stages include:
- 3-BAND EQUALIZER (Bass, Middle and Treble) PRE FX (Red Compressor, Treble Boost, U-Vibe, Vibrato, Tremolo, VOX Wah) AMP MODEL (Clean, Twin, Tweed, AC30, Boutique, Organ, plus sever types of Cabinet Simulators and Noise Reduction) MODULATION FX (Classic Chorus, Black Chorus, Orange Phaser, Small Phaser, MX Flanger, Rotary) REVERB/DELAY (Room, Plate, Hall, Spring, Tape Echo and Stereo Delay) LIMITER (Stereo Limiter, Stereo Mastering Limiter) Easy to use and simple to con
- Enjoy the sound, looks, and performance of the KORG SV-2 everywhere you go. KORG has worked with Italian speaker designers K-ARRAY to create the amazing SV-2S. In addition to every feature found in the SV-2, the SV-2S also includes a built-in speaker system. From the backstage dressing room to the dorm or bedroom; from the musical, stage, or dance rehearsal to choir rehearsal; from the living room to the concert hall or house of worship; the SV-2S is ready to perform, wherever and whenever you are. Producing 15 watts of power (x 2; Left and Right), the internal system features two 2.5" loudspeakers, plus a 3" passive radiator. Available with 73 or 88 keys, the SV-2 is finished with an exclusive warm ivory finish with contrasting grille cloth.
- The SV-2 is host to all the audio jacks, data connections, and pedal ports that today’s professional stage pianos require. In addition to the Left and Right 1/4" audio outputs, there are Left and Right XLR outputs for connecting directly to a studio console or onstage snake, without requiring any direct boxes or impedance matching transformers. The headphone output allows for onstage monitoring or for rehearsing in private. Din-style MIDI IN and MIDI Out jacks connect easily to other MIDI instruments and music equipment; the USB port provides a data link between the SV-2 and a computer
- There are 3 pedal connections: Damper, Pedal 1, and Pedal 2. The DS-2H Damper pedal is included, and responds to half-pedaling for an authentic piano response. Pedal 1 is designed for a switch type of pedal, and can operate as a piano Sostenuto pedal, or as a Fast/Slow switch when the Rotary Pro effect is on. Pedal 2 can accept either a sweeptype pedal – great for authentic Wah effects and accurate organ volume control – or an additional switch pedal, providing the piano purist with access to all three piano pedal functions by adding the “Una Corda“ (soft) function.
- Despite the wealth of on-board SV-2 features, the SV-2 Editor (available as a free download for Windows or Mac) provides a convenient and detailed pathway to editing, organizing, cataloging, and storing edited sounds as Favorites for the SV-2. In addition, the SV-2 Editor offers access to hundreds of other sounds that are not immediately available from the control panel. The SV-2 Editor also makes it easy to setup customized split and/or layered Favorites and save them into memory. Additional SV-2 libraries released by KORG can be loaded using the SV-2 Editor to renew your personal sound catalog. Also, you are free to exchange sounds with other fellow users.
No upgrades available