Laney BCC-MONOLITH Black Country Customs Distortion Pedal
The Black Country Customs Monolith pedal is designed to give the player a total command and control over a spectrum of different gains and harmonic distortions from Classic fat rock tones to jangly indie lines, and everything in between.
The Monolith delivers expressive gain even at low levels.
With a very pleasing dynamic response to pick attack the harder you dig, the more expressive it gets. Even at high gain level, when you hit it hard you can still hear every note of big chords as well as the nuances of intricate lead lines.
- Transparent fully buffered operation at all times
- Analogue throughout, no latency
- Super high output drive provides excellent interface between guitar and effects pedals/amp
- Much reduced cable loss
- Consistent guitar volume control operation at all settings
- Signal phase integrity
- Excellent consistent load for passive Volume pedals
- Ultra- low noise circuitry
- Tri-coloured LED showing mode of operation
- Silent switching
- Low battery consumption
- D1 Orange heavily compressed distortion: Good smooth OD1 type sound but without loss of definition. For players who like a more compressed sound
- D2 Blue soft compressed distortion: A more expressive distortion with adaptive even harmonics at lower guitar levels. Allows more “dig” and expression into notes and less hard compression.
- O/D Purple overdrive distortion: Good for boosting your sound level or pushing the front end of tube amps.
- -Louder more open sounding
- -Very little compression in this mode so your amplifier or following effects will do most of this colouration for you.
A great pedal at a good price
Bought this british-made pedal after getting the "Steelpark" boost pedal from the same company, Laney, and it does exactly what it says on the tin (which it arrived in).